FSX Steam Edition on external hardrive

Hi everyone, (sorry for my english, I'm French)

I'm new here and tried to find a topic about my questions, but couldn't find anything. So here's my problem, I'm using FSX Steam Edition on an external hardrive (E:) and have install FSX trough Steam by giving another location. This work very well and my FSX works great! I buy the OrbxFTXAUSP4003 (Australia) but it doesn't alowed me to install this on a different location. So the install create a FSX folder under Steam on the (C:) hardrive, even if the game is on (E:) I transfered manually all the files and try to declare the sceneries in FSX, but I still have some errors. FTX Central doesn't start and give a path under Steam on C: ... I'm not sure what to do now, It look like it's working, but i'm not 100% sure of what I did and completely not confortable for a product I paied $100. I want to continue to upgrade my FSX with FTX Global and more, but I'm scared to have the same problem during the installation. Why is it so hard to let people choose a location before installing the sofware?

I had an other problem a few months ago when the install of this same Australia scenery crash during install and didn't let me install it a second time. Even after deleting FSX (on C: this time) and make a clean install, the problem was the same. I had to format my hardrive, install windows 7 and FSX again... I don't need help for this anymore, but just report something that should not happend.

It's very possible I'm a noob, but install or uninstall softwares should be an easy job without any big problems like this, specially when I can see that so many others addon are nice and easy to install (Carenado Planes for exemple).

FTX is probably the best addons for FSX, please make it easier to install for people like me and I will be happy to buy any of your products.

Best regards

Steeve

Thanks for that!,

It sounds like a windows registry issue, perhaps you had the original FSX installed prior to the steam edition? if so its likely the registry is still pointing to another location, or it can happen if you manually move the FSX folder after installing

This tool should sort it http://www.tweakfs.com/store/free_tools.php

Some other threads with the same kinda issue are here

www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/93810-cant-install-libraries-and-ftx-england-into-fsx-se/

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/94458-ftx-global-in-fsx-steam/?hl=%2Bsteam+%2Bregistry#entry857645

Archived