Palm Springs 31L collision with incursion lights

OKane77

Having a issue with KPSP before runway 31L on either the left or right sides, im having a collision with the runway incursion lights right before the runway. 

the collision happens the second the rear landing gear comes into contact with the runway wigwags. Ive recreated this many different aircraft including the default planes. the only plane that went through was the default Cessna 172.

it only occurs at night (sim time) but that's the only time the wigwams are active as set in the KPSP config app.

The pictures are daytime so you can see more clearly where I am referring to. 

2015-3-24_3-42-56-334_zps2qozkesl.png

2015-3-24_3-39-15-530_zpsegwol8lu.png

G'day OKane,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you - for some reason I missed your post the other day. 

This problem is a bit of an odd one - I can't replicate the issue myself and we did a check for these in the final beta testing without any problems. Just a couple of diagnostics to run to possibly isolate the issue:

1. You mentioned this happens at night only when the wig-wags are visible. If you select the all-day wig-wag options from the control panel, do you still get the crash in the same spot? And with this second option enabled, do you also get crashes during daylight hours?

2. Do you have any other KPSP scenery also enabled in your scenery library that may be causing an issue? Possible candidates might include our freeware Global scenery pack (though you'd have much more obvious problems if this was the case), payware AI products which include APX files, or Shez Ansari's freeware version? If so, try disabling these and see if it resolves the problem.

3. If the above two options don't fix your issue, go to your Microsoft Flight Simulator X/ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KPSP\scenery folder, and rename the file Westsim_KPSP_Placement_Airport_FX_Holdshort_ObjectFlow.xml to Westsim_KPSP_Placement_Airport_FX_Holdshort_ObjectFlow.xml.OFF and test if this fixes the crash for you.

Let me know how you go,

Cheers,

Jarrad

No worries Jarrad Thanks for getting back with me.

I did infact have the freeware global scenery. but had thought i had resolved all the issues by adding the off ext to

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP.BGL.OFF

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP_CVX.bgl.OFF

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBNG.BGL.OFF

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBNG_CVX.bgl.OFF

FTX_FTXG_KPSP_objects.bgl.off 

The test showed results, wigwams disabled during the day would result in no impacts during the day... However switching the wigwams to run all day. had the opposite effect i anticipated. both night time and day worked fine no collision.

I will at least consider this a viable workaround if no other solution is apparent.  

May I jump in because I do not have any prob in KPSP with respect to collision.

I recommend to check all FSX folders for a file with *KPSP* as an increment.

Besides 3rd party freeware sceneries sometimes payware AI Traffic programs are influencing the scenery too.

Wulf

G'day Okane,

No worries - yes you have definitely done the right thing by disabling the Global Airport files (no problems there). 

Very interesting results - the day/night changes to crash detection were not as I was expecting at all. My last suggestion would be to make sure you have the latest objectflow module installed, installing the latest ORBXlibs should do the trick. As you mention, having the day options would be the best solution, or if you prefer to not have them show during daylight then perhaps just switch them off altogether (by making the edits in point 3. in my previous post). 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived