Who moved the locks?!

I am reporting this here as it is suggested that it's due to "object' displacement caused by Vector v1.20"

It's the seaward lock on the Panama Canal before the Pacific Ocean.

I believe The coordinates are:
N8° 58.22'  W79° 34.08'  heading 302°
and the local airfield is Icao code: MPMG

2015-3-22_15-11-31-7244080.jpg

Thanks

Nigel

There are two answers to this question.

One is that the locks object there at Miraflores is a default FSX object.  Many of them are known to be placed slightly out of position, not just this one.  So if you are using vector, it will provide more realistic shore data.

Now, what is also interesting is the other answer -- that is that they are in reality expanding the Panama right there in that very location.  Saw it myself, couple years back. So it might be that Vector is picking up some of that.  Doubt it, but possible.

Ripcord,

Thanks for that contribution.

I am not best to judge, but as the landward lock seems to be in the right location, relative to the canal, it may indicate your second suggestion is the more correct.

I don't know the area and wouldn't be able to tell if the displacement matches with the change you speak about.

As both the locks look identical it would seem then they are either both default or both Orbx features.

It would need someone without Orbx installed to advise if the locks are in the default FSX. We are unlikely to find such a person in this forum!

Nigel

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, just thought would mention that I found the Panama locks to be displaced too...as well as being oversized !

further search on Google and found this freeware which does a great job of improving the whole area..

works fine with Orbx products.

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/9112/fsx-panama-scenery/

screenshots available same link, well worth the small download.

cheers

tom

Archived