FTX NA KSQL San Carlos is crashing in Prepar3D Pro

barryk

Hi,

I just purchased FTX NA KSQL and installed it in Prepar3D Pro, but now Prepar3D Pro crashes when it gets to 83% on the loader screen and starts loading weather if starting at the KSQL airport. If flying from KSJC to KSQL, Prepar3D is crashing as soon as I enter the KSQL scenery area. Are there any specific scenery settings I need for this airport to work? Any idea what might be causing the crash? FTX NA KMRY works on this system, so it appears to be something specific to KSQL.

System config: Win 8.1 Pro, Intel i7-5960X 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, Dual GTX 970's in SLI.

Order Number: FSS0361424

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

First thing to check is to make sure that NorCal is patched up to date and that you have the latest Libs installed. 

Once you've confirmed/done that, cycle between Global and North America a couple of times and applying between each.

My suspicion is that the autogen description files are not the latest.

Hi Ed,

Your guess was correct. The problem was the Orbx library patch. Even though the latest patch version number was the same, the file date was 18 Feb, and the patch I had installed was dated 15 Feb. After applying the patch dated 18 Feb, it updated the ObjectFlow module in P3D2.5 and then it loaded and ran fine.

Its great being able to simulate flying out of KSQL. I got my private pilots license there in the real world! Brings back lots of memories.

Thanks for your help!

Barry

Archived