Control Panel Issue at WA79

FLighT

FSX Accel in DX9. While going through all my FTX control panels looking for seasonal trigger items that need to be adjusted for changeover from winter to spring (in northern hemisphere) i discover that my CP for WA79 was greyed out, inoperative, and all items unchecked. A look in the the FSX/Orbx/NA/FTX_AA_WA79/Scenery Folder shows nothing, as in no file entries of any sort. I cannot imagine how this could be, The texture folder is full of dds and agn files so I'm not sure how I could have lost just the Scenery folder files. I did a search for posts including WA79  but 3 pages worth of posts showed no topic title that matched my issue. My other 54 CP's all work fine.

FTX Central / Reports shows: FTX US WA79 WALTER SUTTON'S VERSION 1.1 - April 2011. The purchase was a download with dig media backup from FSS in November 2010. I'm guessing I purchased V1 and added the 1.10 patch sometime after but in searching the support area for the 1.10 patch I note that none is listed.

I'm thinking that the best way to deal with this is to: Uninstall WA79 (using Wolter's 03 Jan. 2015 instructions from a post he made), and download a fresh version from FSS and install it.

1. Is the FSS DL for WA79 the 1.10 version?

2. In addition to reinstalling the current libs should i reinstall the most current PNW patch? I ask this as I recall numerous posts over the years indicating issues in PNW (primarily or only) after new AP installs where the solution was to reapply the latest PNW patch and, as always, follow up with the current libs. My status on PNW is: FTX NA PNW PACIFIC NORTHWEST V1.0 PATCH 008 February 2014.

I just re dl'd WA79. The name on the file from Properties box is:

OrbxFTXNAWA79120.zip at 615MB dated 03 Mar 2015, versus

OrbxFTXNAWA79100.zip at 630MB dated 21 Nov 2010

Will await suggestions if any

Thanks

Hi Flight,

Just delete the 'FTX_AA_WA79' folder (located in FSX/ORBX/FTX_NA..), and then install the latest version, i.e OrbxFTXNAWA79120, it should be good to go

Worked perfectly, I was hoping there would be an alternative to a complete uninstall. Great detail at both airstrips, and Walter Musa's is a fun challenge to land at, especially as it's tough to see the strip even when your right on top of it.

I'd forgotten how nicely done these early FTX airports and strips were, time to revisit PNW for a tour, especially with spring starting this weekend.

Thanks Tim

Archived