FTX Global in FSX_STEAM

Dear All,

I have FSX and FSX_Steam.

In FSX FTX Global/Vector/Open LC is installed.

For FSX_Steam the installer(s) of FTX Global ... will not run.

Is it planned to release a new installer which covers both versions and if yes when this will be released?

Alternative can be to deinstall the products in FSX (because will not used so much) and install them im FSX_Steam. Is the installer able to handle that, because all files and Folders will have the suffix _se?

Many thanks for answer.

Best regards

Oliver

We don't support Orbx product being installed to both FSX and FSX:Steam Edition (FSX:SE). The reason our installer does not work for your second installation of FTX Global is due to the Windows Registry using different values for FSX:SE if FSX was already installed before you installed FSX:SE.

You will need to choose which version of FSX you want to use. If it's FSX:SE then you need to fully uninstall FSX using the uninstaller app in the Control Panel. Then you will need to completely delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X folder so that all Orbx products are removed.

Finally you would be best to uninstall the FSX:SE and then re-install it again so that the Windows Registry is using the correct values for our installers. Then re-install FTX Global.

Dear JV,

with a simple uninstall of FSX the problem can be solved, so that only FSX_SE is on the computer?

Does the installer find the FSX_SE directory, because the name of that is not FSX, it is FSX_SE, same for the configurationfiles scenery_se.cfg, fsx_se.cfg and terrain_se.cfg.

My favorite solution is not to uninstall FSX_SE, because a lot of addons already installed.

Many thanks and best regards

Oliver

I suggest you uninstall FSX first, then see if our installers find FSX:SE. The main issue is the Windows Registry key for the FSX:SE root folder location.

You can probably use an FS Registry Tweak tool (http://www.tweakfs.com/store/free_tools.php) force the registry to point to the correct folder ( \Steam\steamapps\common\FSX) after FSX has been uninstalled.

There is also an extensive discussion about this on the Steam forums: http://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/2/617328415059446517/?insideModal=1

Fine John, it works perfectly now.

I have FTX Global, Vector and open LC Europe installed.

I dont have installed a Airport from ORBX.

Are the ORBX libraries needed for FTX Global, Vector and open LC Europe or only for the ORBX airports?

Many thanks again for your help.

Best regards from Germany

Oliver

• 4 weeks later...

Archived