Scenery cfg error after installing PNW?

T-Bone

Hi , I'm doing a fresh install of PNW on my new computer (windows 7), and after downloading and installing I get the following message when I try and start up FSX. "Local scenery directory in scenery area.131 not found. Click OK to continue."

I have no idea what this means exactly, can I fix this? Also if I need to find the scenery CFG file to make a change, what would be the path to it, and do I use note pad to open it? Thanks. 

I think we can disregard my question above. It happened the first few times I started FSX, but now I have since restarted FSX adding other scenery and that pop up error no longer appears.

OK as mentioned above that particular scenery area error has not come back now after many restarts of FSX.

However I do now have a new one. I finished installing all the regions in my sig a few days ago, then ran FSX several times with no issues. Yesterday I downloaded and installed the updated Orbx libraries #150215 which I think I am supposed to do, correct? Since doing that and having started and shut off FSX a dozen times I get a window pop up when I start FSX. It says Orbx scenery.cfg file area 170 not found. I then have to click OK before FSX will move on and start. After starting FSX works fine.  

Anybody know what the problem is or how I can fix this? Please dumb it down for me as I'm not computer savvy.  

Back again. The scenery error two posts above at 1:54pm for area 170 error has returned, but I think I know why. It likely went away because I set the FTX central to "default" while I installed other third party scenery. Doing some test flight today I set it back to North America and now that error pops up again when I try and start FSX. So I'm back at trying to figure out why it's there or how to get rid of it. Thanks.

Hi there,

probably the easiest way to find out the name and location of the missing entry is to open the active scenery.cfg file, located in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX, in Wordpad and Notepad and then search for "Area.070". If the issue doesn't become obvious post the Local and Title entries for that block here and we can help you figure it out.

Cheers, Holger 

• 1 month later...

Hi Holger,

Sorry it's been a while but I have been away lots with work and have not had time to sort this out until now. Anyway I recently picked up and installed Global Base and Vector with the big sale and then updated libraries, although I did update the libraries before. Anyway the issue has gone away, so although I don't know exactly what was wrong I am very happy. I do appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

Archived