ORBX Global/Oceania "Hybrid"?

Timmy74

Hi Orbx staff,

Was just wondering if there will be a fix one day so one can fly -say from Port Moresby to Cairns- without having to pause and select (or de-select depending direction) "ORBX!VECTOR_OBJ", "ORBX!VECTOR_APT", "ORBX!VECTOR_CVX" and "ORBX!VECTOR_EXX"?

I find that if I fly in "Oceania" I need to "de-select/un-tick in the Scenery Library)" these files so that the Australian landscape texture files work correctly.  But when I fly in PNG (ORBX Global) I need these four files ticked so the land class -especially lake Tareko.

Kind regards,

Tim...

Hi Tim,

Not sure about the Vector-AU thing, I recall Holger has made a few comments regarding this specific issue in other threads

But regarding lake Tareko, ensure the tick box "Users with Vector should untick this" is unticked in the the AYPY control panel, this turns off any lake/shoreline fixes/edits I made..mainly intended for the non-Vector users

Also the correct FTXcentral setting for flying between Moresby and Cairns would be [Global+hybrid]

Hi Tim,

Not sure about the Vector-AU thing, I recall Holger has made a few comments regarding this specific issue in other threads

But regarding lake Tareko, ensure the tick box "Users with Vector should untick this" is unticked in the the AYPY control panel, this turns off any lake/shoreline fixes/edits I made..mainly intended for the non-Vector users

Also the correct FTXcentral setting for flying between Moresby and Cairns would be [Global+hybrid]

Hello Tim,

Thank you for your reply.  I had the tick box unticked in "Users with Vector should untick this" in the control panel for AYPY.....!?!  So after reading your input I thought I would tick it to see what would happen? Presto! Lake Tareko is flat and not on top of a plateau...  Very strange?! So it is looking OK at the moment but I will raise another issue post if I come across anything?

Cheers.

Tim..

Sounds like your vector is not working (100%) in PNG if that lake is raised with Vector switched on

My fix-file from AYPY simply fixed as many rasied lakes and issues I could find

Hi Tim,

How would I get my Vector to work 100%?

Hi Tim

Vector is not my area of expertise sorry (see my involvements in the spoiler below), but you probalby only need to ensure all the scenery library entries are switched on

Hi Tim,

Well that brings mew back to my original issue...  If I have all of my Vector entries switched on, I find I have texture issues in Australia.  I need to turn off "ORBX!VECTOR_OBJ", "ORBX!VECTOR_APT", "ORBX!VECTOR_CVX" and "ORBX!VECTOR_EXX" so I do not get these issues. Thus with these Vector entries turned off I get the raised Lakes and the such in PNG.

Hi Tim,

I agree its not ideal, the issue is a result of progression in scenery, and explained here by Holger http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79748-does-vector-alter-full-fat-areas/#entry731244

Try this:

- Set FTXcentral to [Global+hybrid]

- Turn all those vector entries back on

- Turn off the AYPY fix

- Go into the Vector control panel and turn off all the items listed in the 'Various features' tab... i.e beaches/golf courses etc

Archived