"Object Flow Update" message - Malware?

DeeJay

Hi there!

Just installed my newest ORBX acquisition Palm Springs and updated the libraries after that. When I launched FSX I got a message where I was asked if I want to update my Object Flow. I answered yes, and now my Object Flow seems to be corrupt and causes problems with all the objecet flows of your sceneries.

I've got the bad feeling that it was something not produced by ORBX that was intended to harm the computer. after I saw this file with a strange author name in the "Scripts" folder:

sl9ca7nm.jpg

Am I right with this assumtìon?? If yes, who on earth writes programmes that harm a file within the structure of an addon producer of a niche program like FSX??? :-  :-[  And how on earth do they get onto my PC?

What can I do now? ORBX sceneries seem to be crippled now. And a reinstallation of the Lib's doesn't help either..

I've had the same message in P3D V2.4 and, yes I too clicked yes and the sim restarted followed by an update confirmation message. However, I'm yet to confirm any issues with the ORBX scenery. Waiting on tenterhooks with an answer to this topic.

Yes I am. Well, I'm gonna try a quick translate of the popup window which is shown above when I hold the cursor over the "ObjectFlowUpdate.exe":

File Description: TODO

Company: TODO

File Version: 1.0.0.1

Date of creation: 02/07/2015

Size: 404 kb

Furthermore since the event discribed above I get the following message upon each startup of FSX:

jor5zjdh.jpg

...which means in short:

"FSX has detected a problem with a 3rd party file. It is recommended to deactivate the file. Otherwise FSX may have problems running properly. Do you want to use it anyway? Yes or No"

The path shown in the window probably leads to the object_flow.dll in the first scenery of the alphabet that is installed in the ORBX Folder (I think so because of the "FTX AU..." part which I cant read further unfornunately). If I really say "Yes" there will be a message for the object flow of every single scenery. It's the one that you usually get when you just have installed a new ORBX scenery. It starts with "11S"... so probably again the first one in any alphabetic order. However I neither Chose "Yes" nor "No" because I'm afraid the original object flow was replaced by a corrupt one (??). I closed FSX with the task manager instead.

I read this last night. This morning when I opened FSX I got the same message but held off enabling it until we got verification. Relieved to read it's not malware.

The last time we got the 'Flight simulator has detected a problem' I made a copy of my fsx.cfg file just in case.

Noel

Archived