Scenery .cfg file error FSX CTD

plicpriest1

Hello all,

Well my problems continue. After 3.5 hours of reinstalling all my ORBX I now get this message when I go to start up FSX.

Scenery .cfg error orbx\ftx_olc\olc_eu9\scenery Area.139

and

Scenery .cfg error orbx\ftx_olc\olc_eu8\scenery Area.140

I say ok both times then FSX crashes.

So now what do I need to do?

Thanx in advance

Brian

Well it turns out that those files were from when I had installed the Iceland demo (or maybe the Tasmania demo). When I did the uninstall and reinstall I guess somewhere something remained of that and caused the issues. What I had done to correct the error was I did a repair of FSX (from the original install disc) and of Acceleration. For some reason that allowed FSX to boot without a CTD. Once in I went to settings and Scenery. Once I was able to get into my scenery library and see what those files where, they were open LC files. I dont have Open LC yet so originally they had to of come from one of the demos. I deleted those using the scenery library delete button and restarted FSX. Viola no more error problems and FSX is as good as was before.

Through the whole experiance (this is coupled to another post I made), I can say that I have learned alot. Moral of the story: In advance read all of the pinned FTX help topics while everything is still good. That way when the unexpected happens I will have an idea as to where to go first!

Thanx all

Brian

Archived