Unsure if purchased areas are loaded/installed correctly....here's my Report

Znurtdog

Hi guys. I am LOVING the FTX products and purchased FTX Global last night (and Bob) and tonight the full PNW, installed patch 5, then 8.

As you can see my 'Report' says

FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 150215 15TH FEBRUARY 2015

FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.30 September 2014

FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS NORTH AMERICA PACKS 1 to 20 - Version 1.00 January 2015

FTX NA KHQM BOWERMAN AIRPORT VERSION 1.0

FTX NA PNW PACIFIC NORTHWEST V1.0 PATCH 008 February 2014

FTX openLC Base Region Version 1.10 - September 2013

FTX openLC Europe Region 1 (Baltics Demo) Version 1.10 - September 2013

FTX openLC North America Region 1 Version 1.00 - September 2013

ORBX FTX BOB FIRST PERSON MODE VERSION 1.1 JULY 2010

-------

My confusion is that in FTX Central I see; 'Default' - 'FTX Global' - another 'FTX Global' and 'North America'. Nothing else. And in Orbx Control Panels I have only Bob and KHQM panels.  I am also confused as to why there are 3 'FTX openLC's', is that different than the Pay-ware stuff? Thanks, and keep up the great work! Jon

Hi Jon,

To fix the three icons issue, install the libraries again and that will sync it up. The icons are to set the region you're in, you can read more about that here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74345-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/But for a general overview, if you intend on flying within the Pacific Northwest and not leaving, set it to North America. If you intend on flying outside the Pacific Northwest, set it to Global. And if you intended to fly in and out of the Pacific Northwest set it to Global with "hybrid mode" checked.

The three OpenLC entries are small areas of landclass included with Global to fix some issues left by Microsoft and adjust other areas to look nicer. 

Thanks for the quick response Alex. When you say 'install the libraries again', do you mean all FTX products? That would be a chore I'd rather avoid if I could. Can I just choose one of the 2 'Globals' when I fly outside of NA? thx

As long as I'm here....I just tried several times to launch FTX Central and Win 8.1 shows it in the task bar but I can't get a window to open..ideas? thx 

Archived