Water around Southampton Airport (Where there should be land)

chris.day@onwight.net

My Order No is: FSS0356024

I have recently purchased EU:England as a pre-cursor to buying a number of Airports in England starting with Southampton.

Unfortunately having installed it there is water all around Southampton Airport (and other areas as well namely Bristol and Isle of Wight where there should be land). I have uninstalled both FSX and FTX EU:England several times (as well as turning off Norton Anti-virus as a Trojan is detected in one of the FTX files) and still no joy.

I have also applied patch 004 which also hasn't made any difference. Since I purchased the software only a week ago I didn't believe I needed to apply patches 001 to 003 as it says that on the download website.

My installation of FSX is a standard one (I noticed others stating they have installed FSX with Accelerator as not sure what that is, if it is needed or how to do it).

Can anyone help please as the se- up as it stands is pretty useless and I am sure there is a fix for it.

Many thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

welcome to Orbx!

Is your FSX installation updated to service pack 2 level? I seem to remember that a "plain" FSX installation without SP2 added sometimes renders photoreal areas as water. If you've installed the "Gold" version of FSX then you would be at SP2 level from the start (though you would also have the extra Acceleration expansion pack DVD, which doesn't sound to be the case).

A quick check is to navigate to the main FSX folder, right-click on fsx.exe, then select Properties, and then the Details tab; for SP2 the Product Version line would read 10.0.61472.0(fsx-sp2...).

If you don't have SP2 installed then your best bet is to wipe your current FSX installation and start over because the service packs should be installed as the first step after the base installation.

Cheers, Holger

Hi

Have you run Orbxlibs latest version after you installed FTX EU England. If not then you must install Orbxlibs after every installation or deletion of scenery.

See below link for directions.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74345-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/

Kind regards

Ian

First of all hank you Holger and Ian.

Holger - It appears that I don't have SP2 but have now downloaded it from Microsoft. Just so I know what I am doing can I check with you what I now need to do.

1 - Uninstall everything (FSX + FTX EU England)

2 - Re-install FSX

3 - Apply FSX SP2

4 - Run the install for FTX EU England

5 - Run the latest ORBX Libs install

Just one other thing and that is I keep getting a Virus (Trojan) warning from Norton. Is this a common problem?

Best wishes

Chris

Hi Chris,

that's the correct order.

Virus checker warnings in regards to our products are false positives and can be ignored. You may want to temporarily deactivate Norton (or set an exclusion of your entire FSX folder) while installing our files because otherwise Norton may block their proper installation.

Cheers, Holger

Archived