Removing default autogen buildings?

dblue_one

Hello,

Is there a way of removing autogen default buildings? i have FTX Global,OpenCL and FS global 2010 mesh ...and i have some building's in weird places like top of mountains, beaches and even in water, and it looks rather random, by the looks of the buildings they seem to be autogen default buildings. Without them the looks are awesome.

Can some know how to remove them?

Thank you.

Hi there,

a screenshot or two of the issue would help us with giving you specific advice; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Also, a quick test whether those actually are autogen buildings is to set the autogen density slider to zero and check whether the objects remain or disappear.

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

those are generic terminal/office buildings contained in airport facilities files, sometimes they get placed quite a distance from the airport itself. If you're using Vector it might be that the local shorelines have changed to be more accurate than the default versions which ends up placing those buildings in the water. Or you're using a replacement file for the airport itself that is based on some other shoreline data.

You can use a freeware tool like Airport Design Editor ADE to open the local airport's file and remove the buildings in question.

Cheers, Holger 

Thats it Holger... Installed ADE and found those suckers in the airport layout, and a 3d one that i didnt notice before...problem is, i have the steam edition of fsx, and the SDK that comes whit it is very incomplete, no bgl or shp2vec complier! So im finding a way how to compile this :P

Edit, found a full SDK, airport compiled, problem solved.

Thank you for your help Holger, you can close this one!

Archived