Global and M-Tiles

trolleydriver

I installed another scenery product and made the mistake of not backing up my default textures. I expect therefore that I no longer have the M-Tiles.  Does anyone know if I can still install FTX Global Base Pack which is supposed to unlock the dormant M-Tiles and if so what if any problems should I expect? 

Hi there,

thanks for posting the order numbers. I assume the question is in regards to a potential purchase of FTX Global? In any case, yes, FTX Global provides a complete set of replacement files for the default landclass texture sets, including for the default and additional blendmasks, meaning you won't have anything to worry about. In fact, while the default \Scenery\World\texture contains 8,195 files the FTX Global installer replaces all those and adds a couple of thousand new files because it doesn't just unlock blocked M-tiles but also adds seasonal variants and night lights to landclass sets not available in default FSX.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger for your fast response to my question.  Your answer is great news.  As well, you are correct in assuming my question was in regards to a potential purchase of FTX Global.  I'm looking forward now to getting FTX Global and Vector as and when my retirement funds permit.  ::)

Archived