Can't Downlaod

Bondiblu

Hi:

I've had FTX Global on my computer before - but uninstalled it and did a full clean re-install of FSX on a W7 machine.  Now that I am trying to reinstall, it keeps asking to insert a disk 2 to complete the installation process.  I've searched the forums and found that I need to unzip to a temp folder.  Did that, still nothing.  Is there a newer version of this?  Is there a patch that I must download?

It's frustrating because it's a fairly large download and I've already spent over 5 hours on it.  I would sincerely appreciate assistance.

Thank you,

Warren

Hi Warren,

welcome to Orbx!

First off, please replace the personal registration key with the FSS order number; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/1157-important-notice-please-add-your-order-to-your-sig-for-support/

As for the disk 2 message have a look here: https://flightsimstore.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/691618-orbx-why-am-i-asked-to-insert-another-disk-

Cheers, Holger

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Holger - I don't understand this.  It installed on this computer just fine - then I did a FSX re-install, now it just keeps asking for the 2nd disk.  I am not clicking on any finish button, so it can't be reason one.

This is what I'm doing:

>  On download there is one 'Application' folder and 9 files from 2 thru 10.  I am extracting the 9 files to a temp folder.  which  then gives me 3 folders.  I downloading the base folder.  It takes about an hour or so to extract.  then I get the insert 2 disk thing.

Warren

W7-64 bit

No its downloading but get a 'was denied' response.  this I the full response:

Access to C:\FSX\Orbx\Scripts\FTXLights_day.exe was denied.   What does that mean?  Order #:   FSS0326645. 

Thanks for your help.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived