Please fix green textures everywhere with custom world landclass

B77X

I have tried various landclass products for regions outside Orbx OpenLC and region areas. Until OpenLC is available for more than Europe, please fix this problem with Vector+base+custom landclass product causing green everywhere

With Scenery Tech enabled, over Baghdad, so much green the middle east looks like Canada

q7GeHZB.jpg

without ST landclass, a more realistic texture display with less green

RindsAt.jpg

I know this is another product, but there must be a bug in your programs that cause ST to display all this green textures like farms and parks everywhere?

I am not sure if this display of green is caused by installing OpenLC Europe or not, I did not remember to test when starting over with a new windows install last week. But if this can be fixed so the world is less green in places it shouldn't it would be appreciated.

Hi David,

As they are older, ST products are dedicted to the default terrain description. They are not supposed to be compatible with ORBX's description they why you get crazy textures displayed.

Hi David,

As they are older, ST products are dedicted to the default terrain description. They are not supposed to be compatible with ORBX's description they why you get crazy textures displayed.

Where was this announced? I do not recall in the past reading anything about landclass products not being compatible, the opposite I remember is true, that these products were claimed to work fine with Global + Vector and can be used until the OpenLC product is available.

Where was this announced? I do not recall in the past reading anything about landclass products not being compatible, the opposite I remember is true, that these products were claimed to work fine with Global + Vector and can be used until the OpenLC product is available.

Please ask such question to SceneryTech support. ORBX's OpenLC is optimized for FTX Global products. Third products are not supposed to use ORBX's definition.

Please ask such question to SceneryTech support. ORBX's OpenLC is optimized for FTX Global products. Third products are not supposed to use ORBX's definition.

But why does OpenLC corrupt landclass programs outside of the OpenLC region? The program never advertised installing it means your other landclass products do not work. Vector and Global advertise as working fine with other landclass products.

Here is a reminder of what default FSX looks like

Defaulttextures.jpg

Now add ST

STdefault.jpg

Even in default, the effect is much greener.

Just to keep this in perspective, here is what Aberdeen, Scotland looks like in FSX default winter.

Aberdeen.jpg

Easy to forget sometimes.

I can tell you that whether or not OpenLC Europe is active the same Iraqi scene with the FTX products looks like this here

FSX-SE.jpg

As I tried and seemingly failed to illustrate, the default FSX textures are overall

much too brown.

This was a complaint from most users from the outset and there have been many replacement texture sets

produced since then.

What they all have in common is the attempt to reduce the brown effect.

The inevitable trade off is that areas that perhaps should be brown are sometimes more green than with

default textures but on the other hand, Aberdeen never looks like default FSX would have it.

Perhaps, if you prefer to fly over desert, it might suit you to return to the default textures but doing so will do

nothing for the appearance of the rest of the world.

As Richard pointed out, Scenery Tech is not an FTX product and you use it of your own free will.

I did not realise there is a trade off. Thanks I will fly with the landclass enabled unless flying in deserts. Too bad fsx is so restricted, I fly all over the world and will have to live with it for now. I assumed there were ways of having changing textures for regions by default like not placing a very green looking farm texture in the middle east in winter. But that must be controlled only if there are OpenLC regions. Too bad.

Archived