I get Error 0x80004005 when extracting .zip file for EU Wales Scenery.

dude7691

My order Number is: FSS0355183 purchased on 19/02/2015 Eastern Australian Time

Hi, I have downloaded the EU Wales scenery package for Microsoft Flight Simulator X. I downloaded the file 10 times using IDM, GetRight, disabling anti virus, disabling firewall, using default windows extraction, 7 zip and WinRAR. I still get the same 0x80004005 unspecified error whenever I try to extract the file with the default windows extractor. With WinRAR, there is a checksum error that tells me that the file is corrupt and in 7-Zip the file is broken. This leads me to believe that the file I have been provided with is corrupted and that therefore I am entitled to a refund if the file is indeed corrupt as it is not operational. I really want to use this software and have tried for hours upon hours to fix this. I have already emailed flightsimstore but they have not replied. I am wondering if there is any other method by which I can obtain the file which is not corrupted but I am not willing to purchase a DVD copy because I am not certain it will work considering the trouble I have had and I also live in the UK so the import taxes would be crazy as I found out when I ordered a PMDG 737 NGX from the USA and it cost me £16.29 in import tax... Besides, to test if the file was corrupted, I went onto a slightly older windows 7 system and wiped it and reinstalled windows 7 64-bit. I received the same error when trying to extract the file. I am not trying to cause a problem but I am very short on money at the moment and expect to be provided with an operational product. For the record, OrbX is a great company and makes amazing scenery which is why I decided to purchase the product in the first place. Thanks for your time and sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Hi, Sorry I forgot to mention that I am running Windows 8.1 64 Bit and am I have tried extracting other .zip files and had no issue. I am sure that the file is broken. I activated the operating system when I put it on the PC when I first used it. I can assure you I will purchase other orbx products if this one works. I am just unsure of what to do next and am £20 down with no functioning product :( Update: I looked at that youtube video on the search page you linked but their totalsystemcare program was a pathetic thing where you have to pay money to "fix the issues".

Hi. Yes I have tried using both the default windows downloader and the windows extract tool. I used AVG to scan my PC for malware and nothing showed up. Same with malwarebytes too. Thanks for the reply and support ;) I tried using the default windows download + extract first and that is why I installed the download managers + 3rd party extraction programs. What should I do next? I am considering contacting my bank and asking for a transaction reversal.

Hello :) I downloaded by wifi but the speed was constant at 880kb/s - 890kb/s. If the product doesn't work, can I still get a refund? Also do you think the download provided is corrupt by the flightsimstore or do you think it is my network? What do you recommend I do? All other files seem to download fine without an issue for example steam games or origin games.

I just downloaded FTX IRL on FSS by Global ORBX CDN #3. It took about 30 min. Then I extracted with winrar65bits . I had no problem and the install was smooth into FSX-SE.

FTX_IRL_winrar.jpg

FTX_Central_FSXSE.jpg

So there is something wrong with your Windows or/and your unzip program. I advice you to check by searching update on Windows Update and installing another good unzip program such as winrar (the free version is enough even if the trial period is out)

Archived