FSX SE + Orbx FTX: Stunning

Cabby

Finally completed installing all my Orbx stuff into FSX SE(with Steve's DX10 Fixer)plus the Active Sky Next update for FSX SE and the sim ran beautifully with no hitches, stutters, errors, OOMs, or any other show-stoppers.    I completed a late-afternoon VFR flight from San Diego, CA to Orbx FTX Palm Springs in a Carenado Mooney and was just, as the Brits say, gobsmacked at how realistic everything looked, felt, and sounded(I'm using AccuFeel and MyTraffic 2013 too).    Kudos to the guys who worked on Palm Springs, just a fantastic job and a worthwhile purchase to be sure. 

Now, what's truly amazing, after finishing my install of Prepar3D 2.5 plus all the Orbx stuff, ASN, REX4, and my A2A Skylane and Cherokee in the next few days the sim will look even better which is incredible.

I'm a happy Orbx, REX, HiFI, A2A, Carenado, Steve's DX10,  Steam, and P3D customer with Orbx FTX occupying the "I wouldn't even install FSX/P3D if it weren't for Orbx" Number One spot!

C.

Hi Cabby,

You've chosen an excellent VFR route: KSAN-KPSP, imho! <_<

KPSP is Jarrad's masterpiece! All Orbx product signed by Mr. Jarrad is a plus: he not only takes care of the airport / airstrip, but all stuff in the vicinity (even whole city), so that the degree of immersion is total.

Returning to your VFR route, personally love the San Diego complex and therefore secretly hope "Orbx SuCal" and also that Mr. Jarrad lean in to KSAN!

This is another plus in Orbx world! ;)

Cheers, mate!

I agree with all. It took me about a week (of evening installations) to re install everything onto the FX SE platform and it was worth it. I suspect that about 20-30% of my flights ended with OOMs using the FX platform now it has been 0 on the FSX SE platform. 

Archived