blocky changing ground textures

xcrossing

Hi xcrossing,

Did you mean PAHN Haines Alaska  -   not PHAN

PAHN Haines is well inside the coverage area of Orbx SAK - FTX: NA Blue Southern Alaska.

Your picture shows a black (missing) texture on the APX, as well as messed up ground textures.

You might first try installing the Latest OrbxLibraries from here:  https://www.fullterrain.com/support - lets try this first then activate NorthAmerica in FTXCentral and have another look. (It should resemble the picture below, depending on your autogen level).

If the problem is still there we can take a look at your Scenery Library order or your terrain.cfg.

cb7112923a8ee07b0d3c67fbaf3d002b.jpg

Hi xcrossing,

Depends which sim you have. FSX / P3D1x  or  P3D2x

Also with regards your "FTX: NA Blue Southern Alaska" & "FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Northwest" do you have all Service Packs installed up to the latest  SAK SP.003 &.004  /  PNW.005 &.008, it would be best to confirm these have been done before Updating your OrbxLibraries. 

I thought my downloads.were the newest version.

I install the "FTXORBXLIBS_150215" and every thing looked ok for about 5sec FSX crashed when going to full screen. Black

Re-loaded ..changed aircraft to default C172 at PAHN FSX crashed.

Re-loaded ..changed aircraft to default C172 ouside PHAN then moved to PHAN summer and ice still in bay.

FSX crashed when going to full screen. Black

ice_zps8fb2f947.jpg

FSX crashed when going to full screen. Black

Hi xcrossing,

Sorry to see you are still having problems. I see in your picture the original issue is somewhat resolved (not same seasonal textures as the other shot though) along with a certain amount of blurriness and an out of season ice covered lake.

When I wrote my No #4 post the OrbxLibraries were still @ version (v141228). I wish you had  been able to install this version first, it would have made troubleshooting simpler, as the latest one (v150215) now seems to cater to FSX:SE and P3Dv2.  I have not even installed the new version thus far myself, there seems to be extra steps needed enabling ObjectFlow.dll (unified dll ) in this version. Have you followed the instructions from Ed Corriea in this Topic: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/92886-orbxlibs-150215-released-features-new-objectflow-dll-patched-ftx-central/?view=getnewpost

Which sim are you using, and did you install the correct version for your simulator.

There are 2 listings, you did install the right one didn't you.

1. suitable for FSX ? (MS version)   FSX:SE (now with updated (new ObjectFlow.dll))  & P3Dv1x
  2. suitable for P3D2x (new ObjectFlow.dll)

Hi xcrossing,

Been doing a little more checking around the Haines Airfield in my own sim, (FSX running in DX9 with FSWC OrbxLibs 141228 - the rest of my specs are below in signature).

For the most part your Haines scenery area is correct, the jumbled blocky textures nolonger exist. The airfield itself is as it should be, except for the water/Ice effect that is shown in your picture.

I tried all the Winter months to see if I could produce a frozen lake, without success. I have tried to replicate your second picture as close as possible. The thing I have noticed about your lake water is that it is not frozen lake texture at all, but rather a problem with the water mask (displaying as white with those floatsam brown algae marks) if you look carefully you can see the reflective water surface. 

I don't believe your (Now) crashes/blackscreens are due to anything in the scenery but a Graphics or driver issue or possibly a shader or Graphics setup problem, noting the Low Antialasing (jagginess) and Low Anisotropic (blurriness) filtering, FSX Autogen slider is also set fairly Low, hence the limited trees and other features.

Do you use the AffinityMask tweak in FSX.cfg ? (is it set to use all cores?) 

What are your system Specs?.

Are you running any sort of Shader mod?

What are your FSX water settings?

c431706645bc374aac0baef73ddf9747.jpg

Hello:

Ive got bigger problems than Orbx scenery

Keeps crashing on change of aircraft or full screen.

From one boot to next will not save display settings.

I'm going to syart by disableing all Orbx scenery.

FSX was NOT doing this before Orbx

Windows Version  {Microsoft Windows 7 - 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1}
Machine Name  {WIN7}
System Uptime (minutes)  {10}
CLR Version  {2.0.50727.5477}
System Directory Path  {C:\Windows\system32}

CPU:
Name  {Intel® Core i7 CPU         950  @ 3.07GHz}
Status  {CPU Enabled}
Manufacturer  {GenuineIntel}
Caption  {Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5}
Architecture  {x64}
Number of cores  {4}
Type  {Central Processor}
Address Width  {64}
Availability  {Running or Full Power}
Current Clock Speed  {3068}
Maximum Clock Speed  {3068}
Current Voltage  { volts}
Data Width  {64}
Device ID  {CPU0}
External Clock Frequency  {133}
L2 Cache Size  {1024}
L2 Cache Speed  {}
L3 Cache Size  {8192}
L3 Cache Speed  {0}

Mother Board:
Product:  {SABERTOOTH X58}
Manufacturer:  {ASUSTeK Computer INC.}
Serial Number:  {108216150003405}
Version:  {Rev 1.xx}
Total Physical Memory{12,279 Meg}

Graphics Card Manufacturer    Powered by AMD
Graphics Chipset    AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
Device ID    6718
Vendor ID    1002
Subsystem ID    03B8
Subsystem Vendor ID    1043
Graphics Bus Capability    PCI Express 2.0
Maximum Bus Setting    PCI Express 2.0 x16
BIOS Version    013.008.000.009
BIOS Part Number    113-C2000100-107
BIOS Date    2010/12/03
Memory Size    2048 MB
Memory Type    GDDR5
Core Clock in MHz    890 MHz
Memory Clock in MHz    1375 MHz
Total Memory Bandwidth in GByte/s    176.0 GByte/s

Hi there,

you may want to uninstall both PNW and SAK so that you get a chance to test your PC and scenery without the Orbx products installed.

1. Start FTX Central and change it to Default, then click Apply.

2. Follow the steps for both PNW and SAK as described here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/30377-uninstalling-na-regions-a-quick-guide/

3. Restart FSX and check Haines and other locations within PNW and SAK; they should have returned to the default landscape.

Cheers, Holger

Hi xcrossing,

Happy that you found a solution and are back on track.  

Think I found your enqiry sorted by "mrzippy", so it seems the black screens and crashing were an AMD driver problem (atiumdag.dll).

I was on the right track but know nothing of AMD/ATI/Catalyst products, and would have been no help at all to discover an ATI driver error.

Archived