Steam with FTX Global Base problem

Hi all,

I finally made the switch to Steam and have installed two Orbx products.  The installers found the Steam folders with no problem.

FTX PNW is installed and working and looking great.

FTX Global Base installed but I am still seeing only default textures outside of PNW.

Can't figure this one out.  Can anyone help?

I believe both were installed in the steamapps/common/ORBX folder.

Pete

I found that installing the ORBX Library may change some of your XML files in the script folder.  I removed FSX and installed FSX-SE, reinstalling all my add-ons.  Five XML files may change: FTX CentralSettings and FTXSettings in the FTXCentral folder, FTXConfiguratorSettings, FTXSettings and ORBXControlPanelSettings.  Check them and see if they all refer to FTX-SE.  If any of them has an old Date Modified they have reverted back to a pre FSX-SE configuration.  All you need to do is open the file with Notepad and change the path from FSX to FSX-SE, as documented in other posts.  When I reinstall the latest ORBX Library I get errors in FTX Central until those files are cleaned up.

JP

• 3 months later...

This is finally resolved and back in the cockpit again.

It seems the problem was when I re-partitioned the C:/drive I used the Dell Data Safe Backup program already installed on my system. Evidently it still copies old registry entries because I was doing a search and noticed some old search suggestions that were pre-reinstall.

So I bought a Windows CD recovery disk from Amazon for $20 and used it to reinstall. The result now displays all the FTX Global textures and I am 100% on Steam. No more blurred textures and only occasional stuttering.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

any one help me plz how to install orbx ftx global vector v1.30

i was very straggling  with that

i was installed in steam directory but why automatically put in the desktop 

plz help me step by step 

tnx,

Hi

Please read this attached link and follow instructions as to how to obtain support.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/67974-before-posting-support-issues-please-read/

Kind regards

Ian

Archived