FTX AU BLUE Demo not working

Hello,

First of all I would like to say thankyou very much for making what looks like an incredibly impressive scenery pack available!

I live in Tasmania and from the screenshots of Launceston airport it looks picture perfect! Best I have ever seen!

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate and FSX of course. I installed the FTX AU BLUE DEMO and ran the auto install, and told it to install in the mydocuments/FlightSimulatorX file.

I then started up FSX and got a message in front of the splash screen saying - SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery directory (ORBX/FTX_AU/FTXAU48_CUSTOM/SCENERY) in scenery Area.116 not found. Click OK to continue.-  This message comes up around 6 times, each time changing the word where CUSTOM is from AIRPORTS to SCENERY etc. And the number displayed at the end of Area changes each time as well, Area.116,117,118,119,120,121.

I went into the scenery directory thing in the settings menu of FSX and all the FTX AU BLUE files are in top priority and are selected.

If needed I can post a screenshot, I have it saved on my desktop but am very unsure of how to post it on here, sorry about that.

I would love to have this working, so I can use the demo and possibly buy the full Australian version.

Thankyou very much in advance, and I hope you can help me get it working because I am sick of the horrible default FSX Tasmanian airport scenery.

Thankyou,

Kind Regards,

Magnum80.

Hi Magnum80

The demo must be installed into the main FSX folder...C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

not the my documents/FlightsimulatorX files folder

browse to the main FSX folder and look for a folder called ORBX, check the size of the folder for me and post back here

and with Vista you will need to turn off UAC when installing

we'll get you up and running

Cheers

Tim

Hello again.

I will uninstall FTX AU BLUE demo and re-install it in the main fsx folder.

Since i didnt install it in the main fsx folder i don't think there is an ORBX folder in the main fsx directory, I installed the program in the my documents fsx folder, in the my documents fsx folder there is an ORBX folder it is 1.38GB in size.

Thanks very much for the quick reply.

Kind Regards,

Magnum80.

• 2 months later...

Demo installer does not have a "browse" button to choose a place to install. ??? It forces me to install into the /my documents... folder and I'm unable to change it.  Am I missing something?  I've tried to move the ORBX folder into the Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder, but still doesn't load; I'm having this same issue, but am not able to do what you suggest.  Any ideas? I'm running Windows 7 RC.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Have some troubls as well, I followed the above to the best of my ability, every thing seems to be in place and the files are even showing in FSX but when I go to free flight and pick YMLT and spring I just get the defualt stuff and not the scenic glory..

Archived