approaching Hawaii : weird land textures over sea and land

Tozzifan

Hello,

while enroute from NTAA to PHNL with a LevelD767, cruising northbound 100 miles south of Hawaii, land textures started to appear in place of water around the airliner

I thought that it was a FSX glitch, so I restarted FSX (no screenshot then), yet the issue around Hawaii reappeared, either with or without MegasceneryX activated, regardless of any graphic change I tried (it looks like it's happening only in Hawaii; I've tried several other different Orbx and not-Orbx locations...)

64067984be7d8319d0433b3d6467a037ae517bea

709242662df187c885323df1a44e6ff9e4ef050c

FTXcentral is of course set to Global (I have FTXGlobal and all Orbx sceneries)

thanks for any explanations and help

Latest library files? That often seems to be a culprit..

thanks, I also forgot that, but updating libraries yields still land over water (luckily only around Hawaii)

reading around, I see that Ultimate terrain may be responsible in some cases, as well as FTX Australia setups (?)

I still have UT installed yet with everything deactivated; still installed because I dreaded to uninstall it before FTXGlobal Base+Vector setup (I read "terrible" stories about the consequences of complete UT uninstalls)

Looks like a scenery order error from Vector

in the meantime, the sea reappeared by reactivating, into UTXUSA tool, water bodies and coastlines

yet what am I now flying over? UTX or FTXGlobal ? (coastlines do not resemble at all the ones I usually see with Vector...at least there's the sea ::) )

Archived