FSX shuts down or pause indefinitely on Windows 8.1

Dear All,

I have FSX installed in a Dell PC with NVidia drivers.I have SP2/Acceleration, several airplane addons(most from Carenado), FSUIC an FTX Global. Vector and most area addons and airports from FTX.Eveything works fine, except that any time I try to change the menu to select another airport or try to change the airplane i am flying, FSX stops and shuts down.This means that any time i need to change airports/airplanes i have to close FSX and open it again(very boring).Sometimes i am in the middle of a flight and it pauses unexpectely...so i have to shut FSX down again and start all over again.My system is running on  Windows 8.1, and i read that installing FSX directely on a FSX folder instead of the usual program files/FSX folder  might solve the problem.Have any of you had this kind of issue?

Greetings All,

Luiz, it would be very helpful if you would provide your computer specifications. I had a similar problem when changing aircraft in FSX - at that time I was running Windows 7, an AMD 970 CPU, 16 GB RAM, and a GTX280 video card with FSX installed on a seperate drive, D:\MS FSX.

Respectfully,

Brian

Dear all,

Ii decided to uninstall and install again all Orbx software i had.That meant 9 regions and close to 40 airports...it really took awhile!This time i started with FTX Global, then Vector, next were the main regions and finally the airports.

I had better results, but the problem still persists, but not everytime.I found out that selecting different airports or airplanes when the airplane is on the runway is usually more successful than trying to do that is flight.

Hi Mr Spoel

I am sorry for the mishap.I would like to keep this one i am using now.

Also would like to mention that i decided to lower the graphics quality at FSX a bit and it helped a lot not only to improve frame rates but also to avoid FSX crashes.

Regards 

Luiz

Archived