Issue with two recently purchased packages

vegasjon

I've recently done a clean install of FSX w/SP2, and the only scenery I have installed is FTX Global base pack, FTX Vector, FTX Northern California and a host other regions...I recently bought KPSP,KRDD, and KMRY. I performed the installation, ran the FTX Central client, switched between different regions, ran FTX Vector and applied airport elevation corrections, then downloaded and installed the latest libraries. 

However, I still get airport surfaces appearing under the ground texture, trees and cars growing in the ramp areas, elevated runways with canyons between the taxiways and runways, etc...I have checked all three recently installed areas and they all have the same issues. Is there some step I may have missed? I don't have any other 3rd party applications installed other than ORBX products. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Jon Richardson

Henderson, NV

Greetings Jon,

I'd re-run the Airport Elevation Correction tool (AEC) AFTER INSTALLING the latest library updates. Additionally, though it may be over-kill, I load each region, run the AEC, and save the profile for each region. Thus I've run AEC for Global, Europe, North America and Oceania and saved a profile for each. It may not be necessary, but it SEEMS to eliminate almost all the elevation issues for me.

Respectfully,

Brian

G'day Jon,

Possibly a similar issue; for Monterey, we have had a few customers have elevation issues for a reason we haven't been able to lock down, however in all cases re-installing NCA over the top of KMRY fixed the problem for them. Could you try this and let me know how you go? If it doesn't work (and also for the other airports you are having issues with), could you please post a couple of screenshots of the issues for me - if you haven't done this before you can find instructions on how to do so here.

Cheers,

Jarrad

• 6 months later...

Archived