PAHO crash boxes off Ramp 10

Roger Dodger

Hello Alex,

Firstly thanks for a wonderful airport, it is very impressive and with incredible attention to detail. Frame rates are also the best I have seen with an ORBX airport. I can maintain a consistent 30.9 (set at 31). I am using FSX.

Small problem though. Starting at parking ramp 10 I get erratic crashes when turning right. Almost opposite N5880R. Not consistent, which confuses me a little.

I also found another crash box nearly opposite the fire station. I was taxiing around looking at your scenery and as I approached the 'No parking' area to the right of the fire truck (whilst still on the taxiway) I hit another crash box.

I have not seen anyone else on the Forum reporting this so maybe it is me but your help, as always, would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Roger

You beat me to it Syzygy. I just finished off a flight around the brilliant PAHO scenery and after landing whilst I was taxiing to the parking ramps I hit a hidden crash box too. I recreated the problem with the default Baron, luckily I had a backup file for my A2A Cub so I didn't have to repair it. I'm sure this will be fixed, kudos to Alex for this scenery and as you said the performance is great, especially for an Orbx airport. Now if you'll excuse me I'm of for a flight to Kenai. :)

crashbox%20PAHO.jpg?psid=1

Thanks for the report guys, this fix should do the trick for you:

Orbx_PAHO_lib.zip

Unzip and drop the included BGL into your \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAHO\scenery folder and overwrite as necessary. This fix is for FSX only, it shouldn't be an issue with Prepar3D as all models are automatically stripped of their crashboxes during conversion.

LOL, I was just gonna post about 3 locations on the ocean side of the AP facilities taxi ways where I crashed in the Trike, come here and the "fix" is already in. Doesn't get much better than this.

I also note that when the crashes occured the my V key seems to become inoperable, wasn't able to take screenies.

Archived