Lost - One Island.

Museumkeeper

Help needed to find an island, namely this one :

_52544065_ailsa_craig.jpg

Ailsa Craig (/ˈeɪlsÉ™/Scottish GaelicCreag Ealasaid) is an island of 99 hectares (240 acres) in the outer Firth of Clyde, 16 kilometres (9.9 mi) from mainland Scotland, upon which blue hone granite was quarried to makecurling stones. The now uninhabited island is formed from the volcanic plug of an extinct volcano.

The island, colloquially known as "Paddy's milestone",[6] was a haven for Catholics during the Scottish Reformation in the 16th century, but is today a bird sanctuary, providing a home for huge numbers of gannets and an increasing number of puffins.

Co-ordinates are N55.2519 W5.1164 and it was there when I reloaded P3D v2.4 but then I loaded Global, Vector and openLC EU together with AYPY, Palm Springs and all the freeware Global Airports.

Screenshot2.png

This is the result.

Tell me I am stupid if you want or that it is my age but it must have gone somewhere.

Kind regards

Ian

See Ian, Ailsa is an object textures of Orbx Global Base!

If you are not seeing this island is because Global Base not installed correctly.

In principle I think a Global Base v1.30 reinstall will solve that issue.

Cheers,

PS: Here I'm on it - FTX Global Base, I'm not in Europe!

2015-2-2_10-39-3-433.jpg

But I could and it's certain!

Cheers,

Hi

Just to update you on what I have done.

I reloaded Global Base followed by setting openLC position and finally latest libraries. Island still missing. I then downloaded from FSS a new copy of Global Base and reloaded it followed by openLC position and latest libraries and still I have no island.

What I do have where the island should be is a slightly different coloured water tile.

Any ideas what I can do next ?.

Kind regards

Ian.

Hi Ian,

I just find the culprit. The island is missing into Vector as Global Base and OpenLc don't impact shorelines:

Ailsa_Craig_Vector.jpg

If Vector directories are unactivated, FSX comes back to default shorelines and the island is back too:

Ailsa_Craig_default.jpg

So the best solution to set FTX Central to Hybrid mode without forgetting to install FTX SCO as you have that product.

I just inform Richard L about that.

What do they say about the proof of the pudding. Here is a picture of my missing island, now found.-

Screenshot6.png

Many thanks again.

Hi Ian,

I have a question: did you see the lighthouse on the island?

Cheers,

Approach the island from the south and you will find it

Kind regards

Ian

Hi Ian,

All right now, and since you can sight the LightHouse ... you can sail with your yacht !!! LoL

Or make a direct VFR night flight from Prestwick to Ailsa, work around and back to land in Prestwick.

Joking, do not take offense! :)

Thanks

Hi Voyager

None taken, Actually that is how I found out that Ailsa Craig was missing. I regularly take a flight from Prestwick via Ailsa Craig to Campbeltown Airport (used to be RAF Machrihanish) and back to Prestwick again.

Ailsa Craig by the way is just off the coast from Turnberry golf course famous for the 'duel in the sun' British open championship in 1977 when Tom Watson beat Jack Nicklaus to win his second of five Open titles.

Kind regards

Ian

Archived