FTX Open LC Europe installation issue

Salvo

Good Morning everyone, I already insttaled in my system Global Base and global Vector and just few days ago I bought even Open LC Europe but I cannot see it in the FTX Central tool. I mean I followed all steps to install OPEN LC but looking the menu into FTX Central I do not see any icon showing that this scenario has been poperly installed. How come ? How I can be sure that it has been installed and working correctly ? Thanks to all

Hi Salvo, OpenLC hasn't a specific icon in FTX central for it. Simply assure yourself to click on Global icon and hit apply. If you want to check the correct installation just look at the FTX central tool menu and choose "report all FTX product installed". Also, in your FSX library, you should see the OpenLC entries active.

Thanks Maurizio for you reply. Just let me know if my configuratio is correctly set. Actully looking into FTX central I found the following programs :

FTX openLC Europe Region 1 (Eastern Europe) Version 1.00 - July 2014
FTX openLC Europe Region 10 (UK & Ireland) Version 1.00 - July 2014
FTX openLC Europe Region 2 (Scandinavia) Version 1.00 - July 2014
FTX openLC Europe Region 4 (France) Version 1.00 - July 2014
FTX openLC Europe Region 5 (Turkey) Version 1.00- July 2014
FTX openLC Europe Region 6 (Germany) Version 1.00 - July 2014
FTX openLC Europe Region 7 (Mediterranean East & West) Version 1.00- July 2014
FTX openLC Europe Region 8 & 9 (Iceland) Version 1.10 - June 2014

While looking in my FSX Library as Open LC I found only ORBX_OPEN LC EUROPE1 nothing else...I was trying to send you a picture with the FSX immagine but seems it is not allowed to attache jpg here...in case let me know and I will provide the pictures of FSX scenario library.

thanks !

Hi Salvo, you should have also FTX openLC Europe Region 3 in the list of your installed products, and in your FSX scenery library all the 10 OpenLC entries activated. Something went wrong with your installation, it seems. In your ORBX/FTX_OLC folder you should have all the 10 subfolders related.

You should repeat the installation of OpenLC, and see how it goes.

If you want to post a screenshot here, please follow the instructions that you find here.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Hi Maurizio,

yes you right let me copy again what I see into FTX central as installed tools :

FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.30 September 2014
FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS EUROPE PACK 1 - March 2014
FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS EUROPE PACK 2 - April 2014
FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS EUROPE PACK 3 - June 2014
FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS EUROPE PACK 4 - July 2014
FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS EUROPE PACK 5 - September 2014
FTX GLOBAL VECTOR PACK - Version 1.10 March 2014
FTX openLC Base Region Version 1.10 - September 2013
FTX openLC Europe Region 1 (Eastern Europe) Version 1.00 - July 2014
FTX openLC Europe Region 10 (UK & Ireland) Version 1.00 - July 2014
FTX openLC Europe Region 2 (Scandinavia) Version 1.00 - July 2014
FTX openLC Europe Region 3 (Russia) Version 1.00 - July 2014
FTX openLC Europe Region 4 (France) Version 1.00 - July 2014
FTX openLC Europe Region 5 (Turkey) Version 1.00- July 2014
FTX openLC Europe Region 6 (Germany) Version 1.00 - July 2014
FTX openLC Europe Region 7 (Mediterranean East & West) Version 1.00- July 2014
FTX openLC Europe Region 8 & 9 (Iceland) Version 1.10 - June 2014
FTX openLC North America Region 1 Version 1.00 - September 2013

but in the FSX library scenary i see ( as Open LC ) only this :

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1

ORBX!OPENLC_BASE

nothinge else as Open LC....

thanks,

Hi Salvo, it's strange because your FTX central shows that the product is installed (if you then install the OpenLC patch 1.1 you won't have anymore this list but only FTX openLC Base Region Version 1.10 - September 2013), but your FSX library misses part of the OpenLC entries.

Have you tried to navigate in H:\PROGRAMMI\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_OLC looking at what is shown inside? You should have 12 folders, OLC_EU 1,2,3.....10  OLC_AA and OLC_NA1.

If you have those folders you can add it manually in your FSX library, maybe for some reason they didn't add automatically. If instead you haven't those folders, i think you should repeat the installation of OpenLC.

Hi Maurizio, yes I found the file you are mentioning , so, could you pls suggest me a way to manually copy them in FSX? Actually these folders are inside D:\FSX\ORBX\FTX_OLC  but I cannot see them in the FSX scenary library. Do I need to manually copy them in which folder ?

Thanks !

Hi Salvo, simply click on the button add area in your FSX scenery library and navigate each time to your D:\FSX\ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU X folder to add every 1-10 OLC (with OLC_EU X i mean OLC_EU 1, OLC_EU 2, and so on) subfolders that you are missing.

If you are using Windows 7 as OS please take in consideration that there is a special procedure to add manually a scenery, if i remember well you have to click in a blank area of the window that opens when you request to add a scenery. Anyway there is here a good guide on how to add a scenery in this case

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/4236-ukvfr-wont-load-into-scenery-library/

I hope this helps :)

Archived