New to FTX and ORBX, need help

Golflyer1

I just installed ORBX Global in LM Prepar3d V2. I have a couple questions..

1. What is FTX Central? I don't have see that program (?) on my computer and I don't see a reference to it in LM Menus during flight.

2. I fly in the Portland, OR area and after installing Global, I see no difference in the scenery at all. Why?

3. How do I know that my simulator is using the new scenery files from ORBX? The files that were installed seem to be in a folder called "backup" within the ORBX folder, even though I chose not to back up the original scenery files during installation.

4. I tried downloading the free PNW packs but none of the downloaded files work. The downloaded zip folder is empty. Am I missing some base software?

I am not new to flightsims, but the scenery system confuses me and always has.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Welcome

1. FTX Central is and would have been installed with your FTX Global Base, there should be an Icon on your desktop.

FTXCentral.png

2. FTX Global Base repaces the default textures in your FS, it does not alter the scenery.

3. When you find your FTX Central, click on  "Tools/Report/FTX Products Installed"

FTXCentral1.png

4. The freeware packs are very small in size and consist of only an .exe file. and all you need is FTX Global Base.

NAPacks.png

Finally, as per Alex's instructions above, always install the latest Orbx libraries last after every new scenery addition. :)

Cheers

Doug

Archived