Trouble reinstalling Ireland and Northern Ireland

RaysMan

I have been unable to get the product to work.

I ungraded to Windows 7 so I needed to reinstall Orbx Regions.

So I ran OrbxFTXEURIRL100.exe (as Administrator) and got the FlightSim Store "Orbx-FTX:EU Ireland Wrapper"

Then I got "Welcome to the installer for FTX EU IRL"

I was told "this installer is 131027"

It proceeded until I got this:

"Error C:\Program Files (x86)Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Effects\Avalon_fx_Apron_light.fx

A decompression error has occurred (#2026)

Unknown decompression error"

These errors all related to Effects with the .fx extension. There were 118 of them so I continued to hit "Ignore" until the installation resumed

The installation continued and appeared to finish. The Users Manual opened, FTX Central Opened, and I got this:

"FTXCentral

"SaveTerrainCGF: Access to the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\terrain.cfg is denied"

I hit OK twice

I went to FTC Central, clicked on "Europe" hit "Apply" and got this:

"FTXCentral

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

"Access to the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\default.xml is denied"

I hit "Quit"

So FTX Central cannot install either the Default Region or the Europe Region, hence it cannot install the product.

So I tried uninstalling the product and reinstalling. Then I tried uninstalling the product, downloading the current libraries, and installing them.

Unfortunately, I had the same result each time.

In every case I performed the installations as Administrator.

I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone has. 

Thanks.

Hi,

Under Windows 7 or 8 It's not a good to let FSX install at the default path as that occurs many problem of rights and security (such as message "SaveTerrainCGF: Access to the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\terrain.cfg is denied").

So uninstall FSX first and set it again to another directory you point yourself.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your replies...I appreciate your efforts.

I've never had any permissions problems with any other payware products except Orbx. I've searched the forums and tried applying many of the suggestions I've uncovered. Unfortunately, the result is the same and the Orbx scenery will simply not install properly.  At this point I've given this product line about as much time as I can. I guess I'll just consider this $40 poorly spent and move on. 

Thanks again.

Thewre must be a reason it won't install.  Thousands of users have it working, so there must be a reason your system wont accept it.

Permissions for the folders that FSX and FTX install into must be absolute, which is a pain but it's MS that has decided to implement the security not ORBX.

There are many guides on the internet that advise how to set permissions for maximum access, including sharing, so it would be a good idea to have a look and set the permissions for the Flight Simulator file in the x86 program files to maximum.

However, the original advice still stands, it's a few hours work but re-installing outside that folder will result in much less hassles.

Archived