Objects and surfaces missing at all ORBX airports

DeeJay

Hi!

This one started with an elevation problem at EGML Damyns Hall airfield in another thread which still isn't solved yet for many customers. Now I've gut the following problem for almost almost all ORBX airports (!):

There are objects and textures missing. At many airfields there is only the aerial image and a few objects, but no runway, no detaild ground textures and hardly and buildings. This is not only at almost all English airfields, but also at the American ones.

I don't know what I could have done wrong. Last scenery I installed was NorCal + Redding + Lake Tahoe + Monterey. When I had no buildings at Lake Tahoe I learned I forgot to install the newest libraries. So I did this and KTVL was running fine. After I noticed the elevation problem at Damyns Hall I've checked the AEC Settings and let the automatic AEC tool correct the elevations once again. I've even installed EGML once again and installed the newest libraries again. Furthermore I've checked the insertion point in the scenery.cfg and the priorities because of OpenLC Europe. They are all fine as described in the manuals.

So here is what I can exclude from being the problem:

- Insertion Point of the scenery library

- Mesh Resolution is set to 5m

- Newest libraries are installed last

- AEC has been checked and applied.

Until I realized the EGML problem everything went fine. Don't know what I could have done wrong. Any ideas?

Regards, Dominik

Hi,

after installing latest libs, did you cycling mode between Global and a region one into  FTX Central ? I presume you have a problem with the autogen description.

Please post some captures with locations

Hi!

Oh yes, I could solve the elevation problem at EGML by switching to England and back to Global again in the FTX Central. However all the other problems (missing objects and surfaces) remain. Here are some examples:

EGSG - Stapleford Abbotts:

ky7rmge3.jpg

CYSE - Squamish:

7svwyetw.jpg

Hi Dominik,

Did you get popups asking to run ObjectFlow after installing sceneries? It looks like ObjectFlow might be part of the problem, but much more is missing. Could you post a screenshot of one of the airport scenery folders? Using CYSE as an example: Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CYSE\Scenery

Sure! Oh, I see there are a lot of files with an additional .OFF extention. Is this what you mean is switched off? I can't remember I've ever refusied any xxxFLOW request when a popup window asked me.. But maybe I did this without recognizing it?

9bfteore.jpg

Well, really no idea on that? Meanwhile I tried to remove all the .OFF extentions from the files in the case of CYSE - with no success. It still looks like before and the objects and surfaces are still missing..

Hi Dominik, in that case I'm as stumped as you are.

The issue looks to be a corrupt dll.xml file which needs restoring.

As for dll.xml trouble shooting, here is an excellent guide http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a92/dll_xml-information-and-troubleshooting.aspx

Maybe this can be of help and I'll attach my dll.xml file zipped up maybe that can solve your issue,

the path => C:\Users\-your name-\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml

make sure to set FTX Central to FTX Global and hit apply

backup the original you have with changing the file extension to .txt then compare it with mine using notepad

Wolter_FTX_dll.xml.zip

@Wolter: Thank you very much for providing your dll.XML! However that didn't work either, not with yours and not with any of my backups of this file.

Now I've tried and reinstalled CYSE and it works again! :blink:  Obviously I thought reinstallation was no solution because I couldn't solve the Problems at EGML by doing that. However this seemd to be the only airport that had a different problem: the elevation issue! ...which could be solved by switching regions.

But exactly this prevented me from reinstalling other sceneries because I was unaware that exactly in the case of EGML there was a different problem! :wacko:

Well, whatever the problem was, I'm OK with reinstalling all the small airfields. Hope it works with all the other addons too as it worked at CYSE. I will Report back if everything is OK again.

Archived