Scaring Lanceston tower

Guest J van E

Guest J van E

On approach to Lanceston with the Ultralight, I just HAD to take a closer look at all the beaty beneath me... (never mind overspeed! 8) ) I think I scared the guys in the tower a little... ;D (Click on them to see the fullscreen pics!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Seeing this in motion is incredible! Thanks for all those awesome freeware goodies, OrbX!!! (I thought about buying FTX Gold last week, but er... there is (also thanks to all the freebies) still so much fun to be had and yet so much unseen in Blue that I didn't do it (yet)... sorry...!  ;D )

Guest J van E

You're missing out on all the Queensland scenery, mate.

Don't you know it's beautiful one day, perfect the next!!!!

I'm sure it is. But I am a bit afraid that I will hardly notice the difference... I checked out the 3D views on the site and well... it's all the same ol' fields and so on... Then again, I did understand there is more variety in a smaller area and that's of course very nice when you only do short flights like I do. In Blue I sometimes get tired of those long stretches with nothing but trees down there.

I just looked at the screenshots of Gold on the Avsim review page, but well... if they'd told me those were made in Blue I'd believe them. If I would clearly see a big difference, I'd get it, but right now I just don't know if it is worth it. I do not have the need to fly over there because I don't live in Australia and Blue is big enough for me right now.

But maybe someone here can convince me I really need Gold... ;)

Guest J van E

You buy it to support the people that make your flying a pleasure.

This might be a very good line to use when someone is using software illegally, but apart from that I always find this a very weird reason to buy things, sorry...

Archived