FTX Central

GrayRider

I had to do an FSX restore on my system. My FSX is on my F:Drive. When I opened my FTX Central short cut. I get an error, that says as follows:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. if you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quite the application will close

Could not find file 'F:\FSX\terrain.cfg'.

I don't know where the terrain.cfg is and how to put it back to where it belongs. I don't even know where it's supposed to be? 

Can any one assist with my FTX central issue?.

I also have a problem starting my FSX from it's short cut as well on my desktop.I did check my fsx folder and don't see the FSX logo that starts my FSX sim?. 

Thanks for any assistance

GrayRider

I had to do an FSX restore on my system. My FSX is on my F:Drive. When I opened my FTX Central short cut. I get an error, that says as follows:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. if you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quite the application will close

Could not find file 'F:\FSX\terrain.cfg'.

I don't know where the terrain.cfg is and how to put it back to where it belongs. I don't even know where it's supposed to be? 

Can any one assist with my FTX central issue?.

I also have a problem starting my FSX from it's short cut as well on my desktop.I did check my fsx folder and don't see the FSX logo that starts my FSX sim?. 

Thanks for any assistance

GrayRider

Are you getting this?  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/91310-elevated-runway-stuart-island-2was/#entry829336

Hi GrayRider,

FTX Central makes a backup of terrain.cfg and puts it in ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work. Maybe you can try copying that and putting it in F:\FSX?

If the Terrain.cfg is where you are referring to. Where do I add it to in my F:\FSX?.

Note: There are two terrain,cfg's where you mentioned. These are as follows? 

terrain.cfg dated 8/22/2007

terrain_global dated 1/3/2015

GrayRider

If the Terrain.cfg is where you are referring to. Where do I add it to in my F:\FSX?.

GrayRider

If you just copy and paste using Windows Explorer from C:\FSX\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work\terrain.cfg to C:\FSX\terrain.cfg. This effectively restores the backup that FTX Central made when you first installed an Orbx product.

If you just copy and paste using Windows Explorer from C:\FSX\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work\terrain.cfg to C:\FSX\terrain.cfg. This effectively restores the backup that FTX Central made when you first installed an Orbx product.

Everything related to my FSX is on my F: drive. I don't use C: drive for my FSX installs. There are two terrain.cfg's where you mentioned. They are terrain.cfg dated 8/22/2007 and terrain_global dated 1/3/2015 Which of these do use to put back in my FSX. My FSX folder is in my main FSX root folder etc.

GrayRider

Everything related to my FSX is on my F: drive. I don't use C: drive for my FSX installs. There are two terrain.cfg's where you mentioned. They are terrain.cfg dated 8/22/2007 and terrain_global dated 1/3/2015 Which of these do use to put back in my FSX. My FSX folder is in my main FSX root folder etc.

GrayRider

Ah whoops, I meant F but accidentally wrote C.

Try copying the normal terrain.cfg from 8/22/07 to F:\FSX and see if that resolves your issue.

Ah whoops, I meant F but accidentally wrote C.

Try copying the normal terrain.cfg from 8/22/07 to F:\FSX and see if that resolves your issue.

Do I install it in my main FSX, or do I install in my FSX folder that is inside my main(Root) FSX on my F:\Drive?.

GrayRider

It should be in the same folder as fsx.exe (I'm not sure exactly how you have your sim install setup sorry).

Could you send me some screenshots of where your terrain.cfg is in your FSX. or send me a PM with your screenshots?. That would help me some what. I put the terrain,cfg where I thought it should go, but it may not be correct. When I opened my FTX central. I can now see all the regions to select from. Along with this I'm getting the following: 

Custom Files Validation Report

FSX file does not exist.

F:\FSX\Autogen\Materials.spb

FSX file does not exist.

FSX file does not exist.

FSX file does not exist.

FSX file does not exist.

I'm not sure what this issue is.

GrayRider

Could you send me some screenshots of where your terrain.cfg is in your FSX. or send me a PM with your screenshots?. That would help me some what. I put the terrain,cfg where I thought it should go, but it may not be correct. When I opened my FTX central. I can now see all the regions to select from. Along with this I'm getting the following: 

Custom Files Validation Report

FSX file does not exist.

FSX file does not exist.

FSX file does not exist.

FSX file does not exist.

FSX file does not exist.

I'm not sure what this issue is.

GrayRider

Have you installed the latest version of the Orbx Libraries for FSX from here? https://fullterrain.com/support#orbxlibs

Have you installed the latest version of the Orbx Libraries for FSX from here? https://fullterrain.com/support#orbxlibs

I know I'll have to reinstall the current ORBX libraries. When I did the restore of my FSX. I lost my small blue FSX icon(My fsx.exe) that starts my FSX sim. There is a short cut to it on my desk top to it. When I click it to start my FSX sim I know get an error The error says my fsx.exe file has been changed or moved. So at the moment. I'm unable to start my fsx sim. So I'm not sure where to look for my fsx.exe file, and move it where it should be.

GrayRider

Could any one here that uses FSX provide me with the fsx.exe file needed to start my fsx sim. When I did the full system restore to an earlier date. For some reason my fsx.exe file and the short cut to it on my desktop disappeared completely.So for now I have no way to start my fsx sim 

The restore I did last night appeared to go well, except for the fsx.exe file that went missing, which I need to start my sim up. All other FSX files and folders are there.

THX

GrayRider

Archived