Snow in Norway

eolsson

Took a flight from Oslo to Trondheim today and starting from ENGM all was fine with a wintery snowfiled landscape, but landing at ENVA almost all the snow was gone. Just some scattered patches present. You would expect at least as much snow in Trondheim as in Oslo this time of the year. Anything wrong with my installation?

eolsson 

Hi eolsson,

Are you using a third party scenery for ENVA ? Please post some captures indicating where you identifiy the problem. That will help ORBX team. Thank you

Yes, it could be something wrong with Your scenery-library.

But remember that ENVA is located at sealevel and direct at "Trondheimsfjorden" while ENGM is at 680ft MSL and without "warming up" by the sea.
Today I took a round trip ENFA-ENKB-ENML-ENFA along the coast, and the snow coverage was as it is in the reality: the coast only with a few snow patches, but some miles inbound to the mountains much more snow.
Many people think that Norway is covered with 2-3meters of snow from october until may, thats not true:-)

For example there are only few days with snow at the coastal cities like Bergen, Stavanger or Alesund.

I will do a flight over the area again and take some screen shots. I agree that the areas close to the airport and the town can be snowfree due to the warm sea water but there wasn't any snow on the surrounding mountains either. I have no third party scenery for ENVA.

Archived