Need advice for orbx installation

Asall

Hi everybody,

I am new to the sim world but I did some research before posting this thread. I am in the process of building a flight sim using FSX as the main software and i added dave's fixer then i bought FTX GLOBAL, FTX VECTOR ,OPENLC and FTX NORTHWEST AND A FEW AIRPORTS.

When I installed ftx global i had an error message at the end of the installation, a list of items, maybe 20 items that system said it did'nt find! Is it normal?

I had tha same thing with the ftx vector installation. Alwas an error at the end of the installation.

What am i doing wrong?

Your input will be greatly appreciated

My PC specs are the followings:

- cpu: amd FX8350

- cpu cooler: hyper 212 evo

- gpu evga gtx 970 sc w/ acx 2.0

- ram: 16gb crucial ballistix sport

- storage: 2tb hdd and 250 gb ssd

- motherboard: asus savertooth 990FX R2.0

- monitors: 3x BenQ GW2760S 27" monitors.

Thank you in advance

Alex

Hi Alex,

welcome to Orbx!

In order to receive support for our payware products please post your order numbers as per this thread: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/1157-important-notice-please-add-your-order-to-your-sig-for-support/

Also, what version of FSX are you using (e.g., SP2 or Acceleration installed?) and do you have more information what particular files were reported as missing?

Cheers, Holger 

Hi Holger,

Thank you for your reply, these are my order numbers

FSS0342008

FSS0343121

The items missing seems to be some kind of trees or vegetation like cherry mapple etc

I don't know what you mean about the FSX version?

It's the latest version and I added dave fixer's at the suggestion of forum members at an earlier post

Thank you

Alex

Hi Alex,

thanks for posting the order numbers.

I was asking about the "version" of FSX because that type of error usually indicates a basic installation of FSX without either SP1+2 or Acceleration/GOLD added. Could this be the issue for you?

Also, the last step in the installation of any of our products should be to download and install our current Orbx Libraries, available at https://www.fullterrain.com/support#Orbxlibs .

Cheers, Holger 

Thanks Holger,

Yes I have the gold edition but I have to check to see If SP1+2 or acceleration were added. Are they on the same disc 1 & 2 or do I need a specific download?

So you would recommend installing all the orbx softwears with the sequence recommended ( base, vector, openlc, ftx northwest, airports) even with the error message and finally installing the latest orbx libraries?

Please be patient with me cause this is absolutely not my field of expertise and I am mostly relying on posts and my son's knowledge with computers.

Cheers

Alex

Hi Alex,

actually, the Gold version of FSX includes the Service Pack 2 so that should have been taken care of. Acceleration is an optional add-on, which comes on a separate disk included with the Gold edition box (at least it did on mine). You can check by navigating to the main FSX folder, right-click on the FSX.exe file, then select Properties and the Details tab. For SP2 it should read Product version 10.0.61472.0 (fsx-sp2...) and for Acceleration 10.0.61637.0 (FSX-Xpack...).

Before re-installing anything I'd try installing the Orbx Libraries because that might take care of the error messages already. If not please post a couple of the specific messages/file names.

Cheers, Holger

Archived