Don't do what I just did.......

Don't try to "Verify Integrity Of Game Cache". Doing so will restore all the default textures. Dumb move on my part but I needed to reinstall a few things anyway... If there is a way to verify the files without doing an automatic update I can't find it. Stuff happens...........

Doug

Well, sometimes we just have to learn the hard way. I've never used Steam before and had no idea what I was doing. I'm a lot wiser now.....Anyway, the update installed with no problems...but I'm not pressing anymore buttons.....LOL...

Doug

Well, sometimes we just have to learn the hard way. I've never used Steam before and had no idea what I was doing. I'm a lot wiser now.....Anyway, the update installed with no problems...but I'm not pressing anymore buttons.....LOL...

Doug

Hi Doug (or anyone),

Would you give an example of the textures you are referring to that were replaced? I've had to do the Verify Local Cache to solve another issue I had, but I didn't notice any unwanted updates to my various add-on installs.

Thank you in advance,

Stevan

In my case it looks like all the FTX Global and NCA textures were overwritten. 8,000+ files were replaced. Thank goodness I didn't have any other FTX files installed.  I believe it will overwrite any file with a differing date/time stamp (as compared to what DTG thinks is "the latest"). Going forward I hope this is not as big a problem as it appears to be.

Doug

Edited becuase I can't spel.

In my case it looks like all the FTX Global and NCA textures were overwritten. 8,000+ files were replaced. Thank goodness I didn't have any other FTX files installed.  I believe it will overwrite any file with a differing date/time stamp (as compared to what DTG thinks is "the latest"). Going forward I hope this is not as big a problem as it appears to be.

Doug

Edited becuase I can't spel.

Thank you, Doug - I think I will just reinstall my FTX addons to play it safe (luckily reinstalls go much faster than the initial installs).

• 4 months later...

Dang...I did the "verify" Steam function to try to correct an issue based on a post I read and afterwards thought that things looked very "default".  So, I just need to reinstall Orbx (Global and Vector) from scratch (ie: re-run the installer programs) to get things back to how they should be?  The whole bummer is that doing the "verify" didn't even resolve the issue I was having... it just messed up my textures!   >:(

Thanks,

Bryan

Archived