FTX Central setting when installing latest Orbxlibs

astro744

Hi,

I've spent the last 10 days re-installing my FSX and FTX on my existing computer but this time as a 64 bit Windows 7 Pro platform.  I have followed the installation guide in the FAQ and am now at the last step and that is updating the Orbx libraries.

Note I am not running FTX Global or Vector.

I have FS Global 2008 as terrain mesh and have also installed Holgermesh.

When installing airports I have always set the region to the one that the airport resides in.  Likewise for patches.

I always run FSX once after installing an airport or patch and start a flight and then close FSX.  The reason I have done this is that FSX always indexes new scenery after each install of an FTX/Orbx product although I'm not sure whether running FSX after each airport or patch install is really necessary.

My question is should FTX Central should be set to FSX Default before I install FTXORBXLIBS_141228?

Also, my FTX Central went through a number of visual changes as large, medium and small icons were seen for the region switch buttons depending on the version of FTX Central that was packaged with the airport or region installer.  My last install was YBTH and I am back to version 1 Build 1040, October 2013.  I haven't yet installed KVTL (forgot to buy Northern California before recent sale ended!) so I'm not sure what my FTX Central will look like after I install it.  Is there a download for the latest FTX Central or is this part of Orbxlibs?

I must say that so far all my regions and airport add-ons look and work fine except for PAKT for which I'll post another message after I take a screenshot, (aircraft is stuck half beneath active runway).

Thanks for your help.

Archived