Black squares after uninstalling Iceland off demo

mpicke

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I have FSX installed and running it in DX10 preview mode. I purchased and installed Australia and NZ North Island ftx terrain regions. I did not have any issues with black boxes appearing until I installed the free Iceland demo. Decided to uninstall it as per the instructions in the guide but, the black boxes are still appearing in the NZ and Australia ftx regions. Do I need to re install these regions to fix the problem. I do not want to run in DX9 as all was working well with out any problems in DX10.

Thanks

Hi there,

thanks for posting the order number.

All our FTX regions have been changed to the new 3D night lighting with their previous service packs so it's odd that you only noticed the black squares now (they have nothing to do with the Iceland demo).

In any case if you want to continue to use DX10 preview then you'll need to either purchase Steve's payware DX10 fixer or use his freeware shader files available in the Avsim libraries. We have a DX10 user subforum here -- http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/171-dx10-discussion/ -- and Steve has his support forum at http://forum.avsim.net/forum/644-the-official-dx10-scenery-fixer-support-forum/

Cheers, Holger

Hi Martin,

that means that you don't have the NZ regions updated with the latest service packs, something you probably want to do. And, no, re-installing AU won't do anything as the 3D lights are now used throughout all FTX regions. The black squares are not a sign of something corrupted other than that the default DX10 preview shaders can't deal with our 3D lights and need to be replaced by one of Steve's alternate versions.

Cheers, Holger

Archived