PNW Snow

gfd

Greetings and Happy New Year,

I have PNW installed. Yesterday I was flying around KFHR and it was 8 degrees C and raining. The area was covered in a light layer of snow. Now I am not complaining. I can't imagine it would be very easy to design the product to check the weather before setting the scene in P3D.

Just want to know if this is the correct way of handling this:

-start P3D

-select a flight or scenario

-start ASN and check the weather

-change the season in P3D, if necessary

-load the flight

I suppose it's obvious, but I thought I would check to see if there is a tool I am missing that would effect the change.

Thanks

Hi Graham,

our seasons control files in FSX/P3D set the local ground texture and autogen seasonal variations with a monthly resolution, derived from long-term weather pattern data. More information specific to PNW here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/18695-pnw-textures/?p=162697

As you can see from that animated gif picking a "season" via the FSX selection menu is unlikely to give you the desired result because doing so simply picks a fixed date without knowing the actual season in your area of interest, which is determined by the seasons control file. In any case for the KFHR area only January has snow cover in lowland areas. Thus, simply moving the current date back or forth by a month will do the trick.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks for the reply. Response understood. Excellent animated tool. Just a suggestion: perhaps you would consider a utility that one could use to adjust the textures based on date for the current reality bubble (too much to ask for?) or a given region. I am just thinking that I would prefer not to change the world to affect local weather. I'm just not that powerful :)

Archived