3 from Tumut...

It's a beautiful part of Australia, isn't it.

Try fliying from Tumut south along Blowering dam to the head of Talbingo dam. Right there, in the bottom of the valley, you'll find Tim's fantastic little Talbingo strip. Then fly south along Talbingo climbing to 6,000 feet, follow the river until it forks, take the right fork and fly along the valley. Keep a look out to your left and you'll find Cabramurra, another of Tim's strips (I think), the highest airfield in the country and sunk in a culvert cut through the mountain. It's an incredibly scenic flight.

I keep meaning to make a flight plan of this for the flight plan forum but never quite get around to it!

Spot on Wirraway. That is a great little strip at talbingo. I go there a lot ( in real life ) and it gives you a good idea of the tricky approach - which is why the snowy mountains authority doesn't like the public landing there. I do that flight often and it's great. 

Talbingo and Cabramurra are both Matt's (Wantok) great little strips, on that note where has Matt gone?

Oops ... you're right. They are Wantok's! My apoligises!!

I'm not sure where he is. Last I heard he was looking at moving from Canberra up to Cairns.

Archived