Reinstalls

xxd09

Hi all

I am looking for a "rule of thumb" re Reiinstalls.

I have a pretty full FSX set up with most of Orbx and Misty Moorings Sceneries plus an extensive range of Carenado,Milviz ,A2A and other high end planes.

"Crash" is turned off and I fly in and out of some stunning airstrips.

But two recent installs -Grand Canyon and Monument Valley have Ãirport issues though the Scenery is magnificent to fly through- not looking for support for this problem on this forum!

I feel that my FSX setup is gradually deteriorating -through overload?

Is this a situation that affects other simmers?

Setting up again would be quite fun as I am sure loading new "stuff" is sometimes as exciting as flying!-BUT

I have this feeling that the same situation would rapidly arise again rendering reinstall a rather pointless

exercise .

A perfect smooth running setup is the ideal.

Is it an unobtainable dream ?

Soldier on with some unresolved conflicts or pull the plug and start again?

Sorry about this rant but it is almost a philosophical point than a practical one

Anyone else been here ?

What did you do?

xxd09

been there done it the works, since I've discovered this nice tool it saves me a load of head pains => http://aviation.pero-online.de/wordpress/?page_id=105

advantage is that you can activate only the files needed for that particular region where you plan to fly in, it works for fsX and P3D, of course you still need to switch regions with FTX Central and run the Vector tool, but it speeds up loading times and saves a helluva lot of time when pin pointing eventual issues

Archived