FTX Vector and FS Global 2010 FTX Compatible Mesh

MZee1960

Hi Guys !

Here in the support forums, is a link to a user manual   (  FTX Definitive Guide.pdf   ), in which it states the install order of scenery files,  starting with FTX Global,  then FTX Vector,  then Open LC,  then Mesh,  etc. etc..  I read  (elsewhere)  something about default  'airport elevations'  in FSX and the issues this may cause when FTX Vector is installed before any Mesh product  ?

Now that I have FTX Global,   I  'want'  to install FTX Vector next.   Then,  in a month,  or so,  I will be installing FS Global 2010 FTX Compatible Mesh.   Is this install order going to cause any default   'airport elevation'  issues in FSX and will something need to be re-installed to correct things ?   (Somewhere I read that after installing the FS Global Mesh 2010,  the FTX Vector would have to be uninstalled/re-installed or something ?  to make these  'airport elevations'  work properly as  FTX Vector will use default FSX mesh if no other mesh product is installed at the time of it's installation ? ? ).

Thank-you, in advance, for your feedback,

MZ

I have no pilot's mesh installed...and without it also i am experiencing no issues with vector since it has an auto AEC tool which eliminates any such problem . in short FTX vector works just fine with FTX global. However ..if you purchase the pilot's mesh and install it..it would really enhance the appearance of your sim since pilot's mesh gives a very detailed mesh, with accurate mountains and elevations so that along with vectot it looks more realistic than default mesh.

But to answer your question, with default fsx mesh also vector works fine..but remember always to run the AEC tool after changing any scenery.

cheers

Hello MZ,

Vector as stated by Govind will work without a Global Mesh, if you install a Global Mesh you can of course run the AEC Tool which will balance most airports, but please remember that FSX airports are flat and                    Vector will unmask some of these airports, and that is what the Aec Tool does. Please read this Sticky, http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/75538-airport-elevation-fixes-and-using-aec-read-this-first/

Thanks

Richard

I have no pilot's mesh installed...and without it also i am experiencing no issues with vector since it has an auto AEC tool which eliminates any such problem . in short FTX vector works just fine with FTX global. However ..if you purchase the pilot's mesh and install it..it would really enhance the appearance of your sim since pilot's mesh gives a very detailed mesh, with accurate mountains and elevations so that along with vectot it looks more realistic than default mesh.

But to answer your question, with default fsx mesh also vector works fine..but remember always to run the AEC tool after changing any scenery.

cheers

Hello MZ,

Vector as stated by Govind will work without a Global Mesh, if you install a Global Mesh you can of course run the AEC Tool which will balance most airports, but please remember that FSX airports are flat and                    Vector will unmask some of these airports, and that is what the Aec Tool does. Please read this Sticky, http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/75538-airport-elevation-fixes-and-using-aec-read-this-first/

Thanks

Richard

Thank-you, Govind and Richard. 

I purchased Vector at the same time as Global,  at FSS (couldn't pass up on the sale), but did not install Vector due to this issue. I did not want to have airports either elevated from surrounding areas, nor located in deep valleys in the ground as a result of using Vector with default FSX mesh. I will read the  'sticky'. 

MZ.

Archived