Missing 2 .dds files on FTX Central startup

davevh

Hi

First off I was not sure if I should post this in the steam support forum since I am running the FSX Steam edition only (no previous disc versions). However, I don't think this issue is related to SE.

I read through the faq and found some information somewhat related to my problem:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/33889-ftx-central-reports-dds-files-missing/

However, my issue relates to the PNW Demo only. This is the report:

Custom Files Validation Report
Custom file does not exist.
D:\steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.na\veg_palm1.dds

Custom file does not exist.
D:\steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.na\veg_tropical2.dds

Since the steam addition includes acceleration (and therefore SP2), I am a little stumped as to why these two files are missing. I looked through the other sceneries (and the backup folder in D:\steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\ORBX\Scripts\Backup) and these two files are present for all the other sceneries (currently custom.au for the tasmania demo, custom.eu for england, customgb_hybrid, and InstallBackup). Are they all the same files and can I simply copy them across to the custom.na folder? (I did this for 1 of them as a test, and the error for that file went away). The filesizes are identical, so I assume I will not be messing anything up by simply copying them across.

Here is the process which led up to the error:

1. Installed FSX Steam Edition

2. Manually installed free 3rd party add-ons for Aeroworx africa

3. Manually installed treex. These .dds files do not include the files in error listed above

4. Installed KPHL from sunskyjet

5. Installed FTX Tasmania Demo

6. Installed FTX PNW Demo

7. Installed AUHOLGERMESH

8. Installed FTX YMLT Enhanced airport

(pause at this point to marvel at the sceneries, and instantly convinced to purchase some of your add-ons while my wallet tried futilly to run away)

9. Installed FTX England, purchased from flightsimstore.

10. Installed FTX England service pack 004 (after making sure europe was currently applied per your instructions)

Up to this point, everything was running fine with no error messages. Orbx libraries was from 2011, I assume installed by FTX england

11. Installed Orbx libraries update from 29 December 2014.

I have not installed my FTX New Zealand Scenery/airport yet. Several 3rd party aircraft are installed, but should not be pertinent.

After installing the Orbx libraries update I started up FTX central and the report appeared with the two missing files.

Also, when starting FSX I was prompted to authorise objectflow.dll for the first time (never happened before the Orbx library) and was presented with the incompatibilty window of this plug in (However, I am aware that this issue is known and FTX is working on a fix).

I would appreciate some guidance on this, and hope I have provided enough information to shed some light on why this problem may have occured.

Thanks!

If you have them in the backup directory, just copy them over to wherever they are missing.  Sounds like you're already hooked, if your wallet tries to run.  :D

Thanks for your reply, I copied them over and the error message dissapears. Strange they did not get copied to the appropriate folder upon install.

Other than this issue, and the documented problem with objectflow.dll I have had no problems with FTX scenery and it runs great with the DX10 Steve's fixer from avsim.

I find it strange that some people are commenting to hold off on installing FTX Orbx sceneries for the Steam edition. I should note that I installed all the simmconnects from the SDK folder beforehand, do not know if that made a difference.

Night lights look fantastic!

Archived