Making BOB WALK

oldnavy

I would like to know the keyboard commands used to make BOB walk forward/Turn left-right/backup etc.

I have a joystick with a throttle lever (Logitech Extreme 3D Pro) but wanted to know how I can control

BOB with just the keyboard.

Thanks in advance. 

Hi there oldnavy,

BOB can be a little difficult to operate using the keyboard alone.

You have a LogitechE3DPro Joystick with a twist handle and throttle which makes it much easier to control his movements and responses, you can also use the joystick trigger to stop/slow him if he runs to quickly. But I digress, back to keyboard controls for this lesson.

If you do however wish to use the keyboard to control BOB there are 2 options, you could control his left & right turns with ( Mouse as yoke)  (press CTRL+Y) then mouse to steer, press CTRL+Y to undo mouse as yoke), acceleration control using F1 F2 F3 F4 keys, with period key (.) to brake,  

or to use the keyboard entirely you can use the (Left & Right arrow keys )  to move left or right  or NUM lock off and use 4 & 6 on the keypad, and period key (.) to brake, use F1 F2 F3 F4 keys for acceleration control, F1 (throttle Off) F2 (throttle back incremental) F3 (Throttle Up incremental) F4 (Full throttle

Of course you must first get his motor running using (CTRL+E) before he will move.

If you are wanting to use the keyboard method, might I suggest trying the Mouse as Yoke in combination first, as this will enable greater control with your right hand on the mouse leaving you free to operate the Brake & F keys with the left.

Yg0L.jpg

Archived