Uninstall EU LC

Andrew 737

Hi Guys

I purchased EU LC yesterday due to the update being imminent. I have a couple of questions before I install though:

'Just In Case' it causes any problems on my individual rig, can I please have uninstall instructions?

Also, if LC is unchecked in the scenery library, will this be the same as not having installed it into FSX?

(for clarity; say I install and get a Perf hit (a few have), if I de-activate in library will my Perf issues be fixed)

Thank you

not sure what your problem is, but anyways, OLC EU does not cause any performance hit, at least I did not encounter one during very extensive testing we did, if you want to deactivate it then simply un-tick the check boxes in your scenery CP of fsX/P3D.

furthermore the 1.1 patch greatly improves OLC EU and add's load of nice updated and redefined area's, well worth getting ;)

Hi Wolter

Thank you for the answer.

My concern has nothing to do with the product, only how my simulator will take it - It is an unusual and complex setup.

Are there uninstall instructions anywhere on the forum (Just In Case)?

Thanks Mate

& Happy New year

well here we go,

basic uninstall for any FTX scenery addon

set FTX Central to default/Global, don't forget to hit "Apply"

fire up fsX, let it rebuild it's scenery Dbase

go to the scenery CP of fsX and delete the entries you want to un-install

hit OK and WAIT till the scenery Dbase is rebuild, close fsX

with windows Explorer:

Go to the => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX folder, open the region folder(AU,EU,GLOBAL,NA,NZ,OLC,PI, VECTOR) of which you want to un-install the scenery,

delete the folder of the scenery you want to un-install

Go to => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts

delete the scenerylib_XX_XXXX.cfg file for the particular addon you want un-installed

delete the orbx_cpl_XXXX.xml file for the particular addon you want un-installed

right-click the FTXConfigurator.exe and select to "Run as Administrator", you will not see anything happening as it is a silent application

Go to => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\User Documents\Versions

delete the entry for the addon you want to un-install FTX_XX_XXXX.TXT

close windows Explorer

open FTX Central select the region you want to fly in and hit "Apply", close FTX Central

fire up fsX, it will rebuild the scenery Dbase, select the field you have un-installed and it should be back to default,

one small remark, as the payware sceneries come with a registration key, the registry key for the scenery that has been un-installed will stay present in the registry, hence when you decide to re-install the scenery it will not ask for your licence key again, unless you wipe the whole registry which is not recommended to do

• 4 weeks later...

well here we go,

basic uninstall for any FTX scenery addon

set FTX Central to default/Global, don't forget to hit "Apply"

fire up fsX, let it rebuild it's scenery Dbase

go to the scenery CP of fsX and delete the entries you want to un-install

hit OK and WAIT till the scenery Dbase is rebuild, close fsX

with windows Explorer:

Go to the => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX folder, open the region folder(AU,EU,GLOBAL,NA,NZ,OLC,PI, VECTOR) of which you want to un-install the scenery,

delete the folder of the scenery you want to un-install

Go to => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts

delete the scenerylib_XX_XXXX.cfg file for the particular addon you want un-installed

delete the orbx_cpl_XXXX.xml file for the particular addon you want un-installed

right-click the FTXConfigurator.exe and select to "Run as Administrator", you will not see anything happening as it is a silent application

Go to => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\User Documents\Versions

delete the entry for the addon you want to un-install FTX_XX_XXXX.TXT

close windows Explorer

open FTX Central select the region you want to fly in and hit "Apply", close FTX Central

fire up fsX, it will rebuild the scenery Dbase, select the field you have un-installed and it should be back to default,

one small remark, as the payware sceneries come with a registration key, the registry key for the scenery that has been un-installed will stay present in the registry, hence when you decide to re-install the scenery it will not ask for your licence key again, unless you wipe the whole registry which is not recommended to do

To Walter.

I want to reinstall Orbx OpenLC EU, but reading your un-install information I can`t understand  some of the abbreviated worlds.

The first:" the scenery CP of fsX "I need to decipher the meaning-"CP" and please point me out its location.

The second. scenerylib.xx_xxxx cfg.In the Scripts folder I`ve found only: scenerylib_FTXAA_ORBXLIBS. Is this the right file?

The third: the orbx_cpl_xxxx.xml file.In which folder shoud I look for this file? Could you show me the path its location.

Here is  screenshot of my Scripts folder.

hQlp.png

Best Regards

Sergey

• 8 months later...

Archived