KPSP missing terminal and support bldgs

MartyV

Just installed KPSP and neither the terminal or surrounding support buildings appear, portions of the scenery are visible such as the parking area and trees as well as the ground handling equipment and blast fence, but no buildings!  I tried attaching a screen shot but wasn't successful, wasn't getting an option to paste the picture into the text field (paste was "grayed" out), I'm pretty sure that I followed the directions under "How to post a screenshot on the Orbx forums" correctly but... :-[

G'day Marty,

Without seeing a screenshot (keep trying on that one if you can), I suspect one of two things has happened:

1. You have a clash with another addon scenery that is excluding some components of the airport (Do you have any other KPSP-area sceneries installed, such as Shez's old freeware version?) 

2. The download was corrupted/incomplete

Let me know how you go with the first point, and if you have any luck with posting a screenshot put it up for us.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thanks Jarrad, will try again with the screen shot. Yes I did have Shez Ansari's Palm Springs scenery installed at one time but it's been removed, I've gone over the list of sceneries that I have and disabled everything that I thought might have any influence but so far no luck! :-

G'day Marty,

No worries - let me know how you go otherwise. Just to double check, could you do a search of your Flight Simulator X folder for the following files:

CVX_Palm_Springs.bgl

KPSP_ADE_PNG.bgl

KPSPfs9excl.bgl

If you find any of these files, just remove them (temporarily) to a folder outside of FSX. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

None of these files show up in my Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder.  Unfortunately I'm still not able to post a screen shot for you. I do have a question though on this regarding the following quote from the "How to post a screenshot on the Orbx forums"

Upload your Screenshot- This step will allow you to upload the screenshot to the internet and make it a viewable link. To do this, you will need to use a website that will save your picture as a link. In this case we will be using http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2

I noticed that there are registration and login tabs for the upload site, do you have to register to enable the upload feature?

G'day Marty,

You don't need to login to use the screenshot uploader - I always use it as a guest without trouble. 

Another thing to try for KPSP, is to go to your FSX scenery library, and manually move your FTX_AA_KPSP (Palm Springs) entry to the top of the scenery library and see if that resolves it for you.

Cheers,

Jarrad

I tried what you suggested Jarrad but I still get the same result, no buildings.  Unfortunately I'm still not able to attach a photo, I can complete the upload and when I click on the BBCode I can copy the URL, but when attempt to paste it into the text field the "paste" option is grayed out.

Jarred, I finally figuredout how to add a screen shot illustrating what KSPS looks like, as you can see some of the scenery elements appear but no principal buildings, also the ground textures don't seem to line up to well, is this an elevation issue of some kind?

k3oGg.gif

AEo1g.gif

EBUrw.png

G'day Marty,

Thanks for those shots - as suspected, there is a clash with another scenery that is causing your problem. You'll need to do a search of your Flight Simulator X folder to find out what the cause is, but some common places to start would include:

1. If you have our freeware ORBX airport packs installed, you might need to check to make sure that the freeware ORBX versions of KPSP (done by Neil Hill) was removed correctly when you installed the payware version. You can test this by temporarily disabling the FTX Global Airports entry in your scenery library to see if the problem goes away. If it does, let me know and I'll let you know what files to remove to permanently solve the problem.

2. Some AI packages (including MyTraffic amongst others) include custom APX .bgl files for many airports - this is a common cause for clashes such as this. 

3. Do a search of your Flight Simulator X/scenery/world/scenery folder for "KPSP" - let me know what file names (if any) turn up. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Jarrad, the attached photo says it all, the culprit was a file named "AFX_KPSP" and it was located oddly in the scenery folder for Shez Ansari's KBUR.  Thanks for all your help, I'm good to go!

GJgI8.gif

Archived