KPSP Flashing Windsock

DMac10121

Simmers,

I recently purchased ORBX KPSP, and, upon first impression, it looks awesome. Jarrad did an amazing job in the modeling, and, having gone nearly every year of my life, the feel has been captured perfectly. I have, however, been having a seemingly small issue, though one which I would like to iron out. I would like to preface this by saying that I have the newest ORBXlibs installed, and FTX has been cycled. In other words, I see all of the autogen trees I should. The problem is with the windsock. With no wind, it's not an issue, though with ASN, downloaded weather from the sim, or a preset, whenever I load up a flight I am instantly distracted by the wind socks kind of going crazy - flickering back and forth indefinitely. I have temporarily solved the issue by removing the "Westsim_KPSP_Placement_Windsocks_FSX_Only_ObjectFlow" BGL from the KPSP scenery folder, though now I don't have any windsocks (animated or static). I have all of my sliders set as per the recommendations in the manual. So I was wondering if there was a way to rectify this, or, if not, just to keep static windsocks of some form or another.

Thank you for any and all help, and with warm regards,

Derek

Have a look here where a hotfix is embedded:http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/87146-kpsp-windsock-flapping-wildly/#entry796673

If this does not solve the issue one add. trick helped me using FSX real-weather condition:

Go into your weather menu and look for the wind condition on ground in KPSP. If the gust speed value is 0 and the steady wind speed is > 0, then increase the gust value a bit.

Wulf

Archived