Issues with my FTX and missing scenery files while loading fsx (order number:FSS0340977)

jeepzj.ftw

Hello. I apologise if this is the wrong place to post this. I bought and downloaded Orbx - FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Northwest and installed it. The install seemed to go along fine but upon trying to load fsx I keep getting an error message: SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery directory(ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\SCENERY) in scenery Area.125 not found. I have been googling this all morning to no avail. 

Thanks- Ray

Hi there,

you don't need any of the service packs for PNW as the current installer already is patched to version 1.8. However, you do need the libraries package. If you keep getting incomplete downloads try one of the free download managers; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/82288-corrupt-download-cant-unzip-please-read-here/

Cheers, Holger

So I managed to download the library. Worked like a charm! However, I am wondering if I missed something along the way, as in sim, occasionally the graphics seem to get buggy and cause colored lines and blocked areas on the screen? Grahics card issues perhaps?

Hi there,

those display issues typically indicate an overload of your PC's available resources so the best approach is to dial down some of the graphics/detail settings to find the "sweet spot" on your system. Also, check the many general FSX setup/tweaking posts here and in general flightsim forums.

Cheers, Holger

Archived