FTX Global Base installation - Installation process aborts.

Panxua

Hi!

I run FSX on a PC under AMD Phenom II X6 1100 CPU, with NVidia GPU GeForce GTX 560 TI, W7 64 bits, and 8 Go Ram.

I have 5 HDD partitions. My system of course on C:, G: for documents, music and pics, and H: for MSFX and related softs. There is a specific partition for swap, and another one for temp files.

I have downloaded through The FlightSim Store all FTX Global products, i.e. Base, Vector and Europe LC.

After some difficulties to get non corrupt zip files, it seems that all downloaded zip files now work correctly. All those files have been uncompressed in a dedicated installation subfolder in my G: partition.

When running the OrbxFTXGlobalBASE130.exe file, and once the required order, date, and registration key numbers entered, the files begin to unwrap.

Up to 60 to 75 % of the green bar running when I receive the following message : "Error Writing to file OrbxFTXGlobal130.exe". The installation process then aborts.

End of the story.

Just for the sake of completness, I have installed without any problem your Islandic free demo.

Order number : FSS0339270

Gilbert

@Doogles

Hi !

Thank you for question, as it triggered some reflection.

I see that FTX Base installer uses a lot the "Temp" Windows folder, which, to avoid excessive fragmentation or my C: drive, I had previously shifted to a specific F: drive, with a 5 Go allowance. Far too small for unwrapping  FTX Base.

I have just moved my Temp folder to another drive, with 130 Go free space. And as I am writing this post, I now see that the unwrapping process is running smoothly.

Thank you again.

Gilbert

Archived