Which to Download First : REX E+OD or FTX Global to FSX ?

MZee1960

Hi Guys,

To make a long story short,...... I had to uninstall and re-install FSX on my system.  I am now putting all of my add-ons back in.  So far I have just my Ultimate Traffic 2, and add-on aircraft (Carenado, RealAir) installed.  I now have plans to download REX Essential Plus with OD and also to download FTX Global  (as a starting point for the Orbx experience - will follow up with Vector, Mesh, Open LC, FTX Full regions, FTX detailed airports - but all in due time over the next several months).  

Question :  Should I download the REX product first, or the FTX Global product first, or does it make no difference which comes first ?

Thank-you, in advance for your expertise,

MZ

Hi MZ

Good to see you over here on the ORBX forums, hope to see some screenshots from you soon!

As Brad stated, it doesn't matter which you install first, at least I've never had an issue.

Good luck with the re install and Merry Christmas!

Hi MZ

Good to see you over here on the ORBX forums, hope to see some screenshots from you soon!

As Brad stated, it doesn't matter which you install first, at least I've never had an issue.

Good luck with the re install and Merry Christmas!

Thanks guys for the guidance. 

Ziggy, I guess what tripped me up was reading that REX E+ OD supplies textures to airport environments, roads, water bodies and I thought that FTX Global does the same as well as supplying all the other textures for FSX ?  Hence I figured there may be a  'duplication'  of textures once the two are installed together  (hence some incompatability issues as to which airport runway textures for example are going to show up in the sim - REX or FTX Global ?),  but I guess, hopefully correctly,  that the  'textures'  REX supplies are for areas  'different'  from those FTX Global supplies and  'nothing has to be done to REX (if it is installed first) prior to installing FTX Global'. I will install  (ie. re-install)  REX E+ OD first as I purchased it already a while back, and then get FTX Global and Vector, hopefully before the great sale ends.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you guys !   ...........From The Great White North !

MZ.

Archived