SCO - LC and texture oddities...

Wild Bill Kelso

Hi, guys!

I presume that Scotland is a little different from any other country in the world, as any Scotsman would confirm.

As you can see by my ORBX products installed, I'm some kind of experienced in running your great products. But this time I'm on a dead end.

Oban EGEO looks like this:

screenshot351ilpev.jpg

screenshot352p6qwk.jpg

screenshot354ljoot.jpg

Additionally to those nasty chunky texture squares, there's a rather funny landclass issue at the north end of the runway:

screenshot353lprgk.jpg

Seems like mother nature just can not decide whether she will be land or sea, sand or snow...

Furthermore, the famous white sands at Barra more look like the Libyan desert:

screenshot3559poos.jpg

Note the straight demarcation line of the snowy tile.

FTX EU SCO Scotland is on version 1.20 of August 2014, latest Libs (FTXORBXLIBS_141207) are applied.

De-installing and new install of SCO as well as several switching between default (FTX Global), Europe and other regions (NA, NZ) always ended up with the results shown above.

Quite a unique issue, as southern England and all the other regions run really fine, and even Edinburgh and Inverness won't show this kind of strange behaviour...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Markus.

Edit

Forgot to mention:

No third-party addon installed for this region, with the exception of EGPO Stornoway, made by SIM 720

Thanks for this quick answer, mate!

I actually wasn't aware of having two OpenLC already installed, but they came with the FTX Iceland demo (OPENLC_EUROPE8 and OPENLC_EUROPE9).

So I performed the scenery.cfg entries as shown in the linked script, checking the correct setting of the library insertion point by this occasion.

This has some effect, but unfortunately not the one I've been hoping for:

screenshot357g9qp7.jpg

Base textures around the runway have turned from green to brown (strange shade for December 21st, isn't it?), but the chunks do remain.

Any more ideas?

Cheers,

Markus.

Hi there,

actually, there's not much evidence that FTX Scotland is active in your screenshots, certainly not the ground textures, blendmasks, and autogen, as all I'm seeing are the default files. Do you have any other add-on active above the FTX block that may include landclass files for Scotland? If so it would call default textures and needs to be deactivated to have SCO work as intended.

Cheers, Holger

Ganz herzlichen Dank fuer diesen Hinweis, Holger!

Actually that did it! ::)

The culprit was the addon scenery of EGEF Fair Isle, made by 'skarascenery', including just 5 LC files.

I couldn't believe that a local airport scenery can have such huge regional impact, even more considering the fact that Fair Isle isn't even close to the locations mentioned above.

I'm a very happy camper now, especially as Santa just brought me a shiny EGPB Sumburgh airport (your gorgeous season sale is driving me bankrupt - thanks for that! ??? ), and my BN-2 ist already warming up...

Have a very happy Christmas!

Cheers,

Markus (off to the Outer Hebrides and Shetlands now).

Archived